Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Having been reminded of the abomination that is Ridiculous 6 I'm sure that's gonna take the Moral High Horse, but I'd like to at least submit some competition for consideration in Concussion, a movie which not only has a 'love interest' so nonexistent in character that I literally did not know her name until it appeared on an ultrasound machine two-thirds of the way through the movie, but also features a scene where she basically says she's okay with being raped when she first arrived in the US because it must have been part of God's plan, and this is used to make Will Smith feel better about continuing with his work because obviously that's all part of God's plan too.

Also Crimson Peak for best Art Design is legit.

Edit: Also also The Revenant for Best Meal for the Pawnee man sharing the raw buffalo with Glass.

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jan 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Kull the Conqueror posted:

:confused: Carol's pretty danged good. It's primarily a Cate vehicle and she slays it.

Furthermore it's one you don't have to feel scuzzy liking, because the director probably didn't molest his children!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Fury Road got 5 votes from me, followed by The Revenant with 4 and then a few things with 2 or 3. Also, because it seems like no one has laid claim to it, I'd be willing to present for Best Ensemble, and also Moral High Horse if we're allowed more than one.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

TrixRabbi posted:

I nominated Room for a ton of awards and y'all failed me.

Room failed me by not being available to see anywhere until I'd already nominated things.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
An Ensemble Award, in a lot of ways, can feel like a consolation prize. "Congratulations," it seems to say. "None of you were good enough for a real award, but here's something to say you all tried really hard together."

Of course, that's not always the case. Sometimes, a film has such a murderer's row of talent that, even if one or two rise above, it feels wrong not to acknowledge the work put in by the rest of the cast that makes the film what it is. Such is the case with this year's winner, The Hateful Eight.

It's a movie that so necessitates an across-the-board set of quality performances that even the advertising highlighted it, and by god they pulled it off. Hateful Eight is loving stacked.

There was another ensemble western this year, though, and it's a CineByte winner too. Surprising absolutely no one, the Moral High Horse goes to Adam Sandler's latest crime against good taste and good filmmaking, The Ridiculous Six, a film so offensive it drove a dozen Native American performers to walk off the set in response to both its content and their treatment.

Because I have better things to do with my life, I haven't watched it, so I don't have much else to say. gently caress you, Ridiculous Six, and gently caress you for trying to shove it down my throat, Netflix.

Congratulations to (one of) the winners!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I just saw Room and retroactively feel bad for not nominating/voting for Brie Larson, so point to you, people who mentioned that.

• Locked thread