Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I'll nominate Creed for best film, beat lead actor (Michael B. Jordan), best supporting actor (Stallone), best adapted screenplay, best action choreography, and best sound design - it was reminiscent of Raging Bull in this regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Sir Kodiak posted:

The first release anywhere in the world must have been in 2015. Testament of Youth and Kingsman are 2014.

I think this rule needs to have exceptions. If a movie saw a limited release that's one thing, but there needs to be exceptions for movies that were only accessible through festival attendance (or piracy).

Kingsman was released in a festival in the UK in December 2014, and didn't see a real release until 2015. It's a little unfair to disqualify a movie just because a few hundred people saw a screening. It follows debuted in the festival scene in 2014 as well. Is it eligible?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

The Armand White award will be interesting this year because there's not a lot of movies that a lot of goons loved that critics didn't. American Ultra, Chappie, Jupiter Ascending and Blackhat will likely be the main contenders.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I got mine in. I really struggled on some, but I feel my nominations were fair.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I really need to watch Beasts of No Nation. It just seems like it'll be depressing. I see Tangerine got added to Netflix.ca today, so I might be able to catch that one as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Out of curiosity, what was the runner up for best picture?

• Locked thread