Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

For Your Consideration: Crimson Peak

Best Actress in a Leading Role - Jessica Chastain
Best Makeup and Costuming
The Echoplex Award for Art Design
Best Visual Effects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Consider This Number One Gangsta gently caress Mother - Chappie

Best Actor in a Leading Role - Sharlto Copley
Best Actor in a Supporting Role - Hugh Jackman
Best Actress in a Leading Role - Yo-Landi
Best Vocal or Motion Capture Performance - Sharlto Copley as Chappie
Best Animation
The Echoplex Award for Art Design
The Armond White Award for best film under 60% on Rotten Tomatoes
Best Visual Effects

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Would it be a stretch to nominate Oscar Isaac for CineD MVP? Ex Machina and Star Wars were definitely this year, but Most Violent Year is right on the cusp, literally coming out on new year's eve '14 in the US.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

dreadnought posted:

Is 60% a firm cutoff? I know the award is meant to give recognition to films that had a wildly negative critical reaction, and not so much for middling, borderline films (like, say, Chappie), but there are some D- films that I think could still qualify. Basically, I just want Magic Mike XXL to get a nomination, but it's currently at 62%.

Chappie is at like 39%, I would not call that borderline.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

For Your Consideration: The Gift
Best Actor In A Leading Role - Jason Bateman
Best Actress In A Leading Role - Rebecca Hall
Best Actor In A Supporting Role - Joel Edgerton
Best Food Scene - Dinner At Gordo's (he serves drinks, I'm counting it)
Best Cinematography - Eduard Grau

This wasn't one of my favorite movies of the year as a whole, but it really excels in its character work and how it uses every bit of the space in the main characters' suburban house for unsettling atmosphere.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 29, 2016

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'd really be interested in seeing what people went with for Editing, since imo Margaret Sixel just buried the competition with Fury Road.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm glad The Gift got nominated for best Food/Drink, at least.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'd like to present one, doesn't matter which.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Judging by the reactions in its thread, CineD overall wasn't impressed with The Revenant. I don't get it either. Chappie somehow made the best picture list though. This forum is full of weird cranks and that's what makes it fun.

Also, like one person saw Room.

As one of the weird cranks who advocated for Chappie even I don't know how it made the best picture list.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Due to a fuckoff snowstorm I haven't had much opportunity to put together a post for the Best Documentary and Not-Crash awards, so forgive the sparse nature of this write-up.

Best Documentary 
Best of Enemies 
Call Me Lucky 
The Look of Silence
The Nightmare 
Winter on Fire: Ukraine's Fight for Freedom  

The Not-Crash for Socially Forward Filmmaking
The Big Short 
The Look of Silence
Mad Max: Fury Road 
Magic Mike XXL 
Tangerine 

The Look Of Silence was never not going to win these awards. Much like Oppenheimer's previous documentary The Act Of Killing, it is a cut above the rest. Where The Big Short represents people in power and explains their wrongdoing, and Mad Max Fury Road analogises power structures and their wrongs in a fantasy context, Oppenheimer does not represent or analogise, but presents, showing these people and how they hide their guilt. It's not about the past, it's about action taken in the here and now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I know the Armond White hasn't been presented yet but is there anything else that hasn't been posted?

• Locked thread