Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Since people have already nominated some of my other favorites already, I'm going to go to bat for Beasts of No Nation.

This is a sad, gripping, unflinching movie that still manages to leave the viewer with a faint glimmer of hope and trust in basic human goodness despite dealing with some of the most depressing subject matter possible. For my money, this is Idris Elba's best performance, and Abraham Attah puts on an incredibly good performance (and a killer monologue) even before you consider that this is his first time acting. Fukunaga's cinematography is gorgeous - the infrared shots and the long take in the trenches are some of the most impressive scenes of the year.

I am nominating it for:

Best Picture
Best Actor in a Leading Role - Abraham Attah
Best Actor in a Supporting Role - Idris Elba
Best Adapted Screenplay
Best Cinematography - Cary Joji Fukunaga

I am also going to nominate High-Rise for The Golden Winnebago: Best Trailer, and Michael Fassbender for CineD MVP for his performances in Slow West, Steve Jobs, and Macbeth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Sir Kodiak posted:

Please post a link to or, even better, embed whatever trailer you're talking about. I know more than one of these had multiple trailers.

Sorry about that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYmY2tBYins

• Locked thread