Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

https://mega.nz/#!v1omECyS!16VUyDhyhMPARQf98hXNTjMlJd1ndbIXGGc0IRrZYu4

this supposedly restores dangan for the intro in the pirated version
probably will require an unpack/repack of the title music .arc in the main version as it's the sound file by itself (but maybe not)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Kiggles posted:

Its absolutely worth giving a try if you've already played the game, and especially if you have already played through BBI. Though there is something to be said for people who REALLY enjoy dungeon crawling and want a good challenge trying it blind. It isn't even all that difficult past the first boss. At that point you will accumulate enough levels that you can survive well enough. It mostly just depends on being able to pick up a BBI tier weapon so you can actually deal some damage.

also, throwblasts

throwblasts for days

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

mirarant posted:

Browsing the art book is a pretty bittersweet affair.

yeah, yeah it is
there is so much unused stuff- the giant, GIANT enemies look incredible
itsuno wasn't lying when he said only 30% of the game's ideas actually made it into the final game

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

This is actually a thing that can sort of happen with a boss in BBI.
it's even better when instead of that you just stack more great cannons on top of it
especially when you position your ruinous sigil perfectly so the boss triggers it and the cannons
it's beautiful

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Does anybody know who this guy is? He attacked me during an Ogre Ambush, but only on one of the attempts. This was just before the lady-fort. On my first kill of the Ogre he didn't show, I died and had to re-fight the ogre and died several more times. On only one of the attempts, a long one where I was basically just letting the Pawns burn him down with fire spells, this guy comes out of nowhere and starts loving poo poo up! It felt like getting invaded in Dark Souls almost. Anyway, he killed me and he was nowhere to be found on the retry, we were on a narrow path too, nowhere to hide. Is tyhat like a secret component if ambush takes too long or you're idle?

he just hangs out around there at night
i think he's just there as a 'eat poo poo' kind of encounter in the same way random super powerful bandits are

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

CJacobs posted:

One nice little thing I like that just dawned on me today is that the reason the dragon speaks latin (I think it's latin anyway) at the beginning of the game is because you can't understand him, because you're not the arisen yet. He only starts speaking understandable english after he takes your heart. Presumably that's the reason the rest of the dragon-family enemies you encounter speak english; they actually aren't, you can just understand them now that you've got the whole arisen thing going on.

none of the drakes speak english actually- it's just subtitled as such
except a very special one who has a good reason for doing so and is something interesting and spoiler-y:
it's suggested that the language the drakes speak are all different as the arisens that make them come from different timeframes of history/different lands- the one drake that actually speaks english directly states that he's surprised that he'd meet a fellow countryman, meaning that he's from the generally same time frame/history as you and duke edmund

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Art Book posted:

Comment
In the past, dragons who were defeated by an Arisen focused all of their remaining magical energy into one eyeball, giving birth to these magical creatures.
The parts that look like lips and gums were actually the former eyelids, while the teeth were eyelashes and the tentacles were optic nerves. [Matsushita]

The pupil is actually a fissure that connects to the Rift.

also the ur dragon is apparently the first dragon ever or something

the art book is drat cool

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

that anime was extremely loving bad holy poo poo

generic high fantasy w/ random edgy trope into the most generic edgy ender possible at the end of every single episode

the stupid opposing char journies of ethan dragonsdogma randomly becoming a shithead and hannah being going from generic emotionless female lead to generic female lead

the action was cool at least i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APrBdP0bBJM