Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
On one hand, I thought it was kind of interesting because it's a hosed up situation with hosed up people and a hosed up thing happening like quasi-incest makes more sense here than it does in say, a high school harem romance

On the other hand, I'm unable to divorce it from the creepy Japanese imouto fetish that haunts anime like a really stinky ghost

and then on a third, weirdly misshappen hand, I'm pondering the sense of the onii-chan poo poo even being in there. I mean it's a Japanese story written by Japanese people, so it's self-evident, but still... I can't help but wonder if there's some next gen localization poo poo that could be accomplished by having there be English subs and a German dub for this. I can't remember the last time I watched an anime that explicitly took place in a real world location (alternate sci-fi history or not) that had absolutely no Japanese characters. Not even fractionally Japanese!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I think a good Muv Luv TV show might be a pseudo documentarian story that talks about the BETA invasion in it's entirety, starting on Mars, and ending in Japan in 2001 when whatsisface shows up at the beginning of Alternative. But that's probably too dry to ever get actually made

• Locked thread