Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

LORD OF BUTT posted:

So I haven't read ML, but I'm basically aware of the premise (aliens invade, poo poo goes down, also there's time travel/alternate history fuckery and robots). How lost am I gonna be?

I have time to watch anim but reading 3 full VNs is a much taller order at the moment (though I plan to do it at some point)

not very since this story apparently takes place before the VNs and most of the metaphysical stuff just involves the VN's protag and is irrelevant outside that. Knowing that there's aliens and robots is pretty much enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I sure hope not since I haven't either. Presumably they just email you keys to activate it on steam.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
she can't betray them somehow, be mortally wounded, and be made vaguely sympathetic by showing a flashback depicting her torture at the hands of the stasi while implying that she was trying to protect her brother all along in the space of one episode.

3 episode arc, probably around the middle of the season

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Gyra_Solune posted:

surprise surprise the girl who starts treating people in horribly hosed up ways in the service of a horribly hosed up regime is herself horribly hosed up

rip big sis who was seemingly written like 'oh poo poo we forgot to really establish that this is the 'big sister' character quick make sure we write that into this one'

she made people call her that in the first episode.

and then spent the remaining 8 standing around with a sling on one arm

• Locked thread