Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Bakanogami posted:

I do kind of expect that Muv Luv GDR would turn out an entirely different beast than the real world one. WWII ended differently somehow, with Germany getting nuked, didn't it? Couple that with their Soviet ally being torn to shreds and the threat of imminent BETA annihilation and I really doubt that they'd have the leeway to be particular about ideology. If anything they'd have a strong incentive to make up with the west, both due to a common enemy and the practical need to secure an evacuation route.
Or they could double down because doing otherwise would mean admitting that they were wrong about all of the terrible things they'd done. Stressful situations leading to internal conflict and purges is a very human response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Nine of Eight posted:

I'm not sure where they are going with the Stasi letting the Hannibal unit get wiped out though, I feel like wasting state resources because you don't like one specific commander is wildly inefficient.
Military outcomes are the army's problem. If it further reinforces that the Stasi are above everyone else and can get away with anything, that's all that matters.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I'm guessing Gretel isn't long for this world.

• Locked thread