Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
As some of you know, I've spent the last few weeks working on the setup for the 2016 North American International Auto Show in Detroit. The show opened today, so rather than going to work, I dressed up like a journalist, threw on my hilariously large ID, and blew through my cell phone battery on pictures of sweet rides that I'll probably never own.

I'm currently fighting a losing battle of uploading 4gb of photos on a slow hotel internet connection. I'll try to separate photos by brand, and will get through one brand at a time as the uploads finish. I figured you'd rather see something now than wait for a day or two.

Anyway, on with the pictures! I'll try to do them in alphabetical order, but will probably forget someone and add them in later.

Click for big.

Acura

Acura has a simple stand, with solitary NSX in the corner, and something under a cloth that has still not been revealed.

Aston Martin

These guys win the :effort: reward for simply adding barriers and cars to an otherwise unoccupied piece of carpet.

Audi

Nothing new or interesting, except for an overly happy S5 model, and this charging location of this Audi A3 e-tron, which I think looks pretty ridiculous.

Buick

Avista.

My internet is crawling right now. 30K/sec upload isn't much fun. I'm heading out for dinner now,if I'm not wasted from that then I'll post more. Still to come in full is:

BMW

The i8 was pretty cool. I loved the doors. And the significant amount of exposed carbon fiber. Rear visibility was bad, but the car was good so...

The M3 was an M3

The M2 was like a smaller M3? I don't know anything about it, and we weren't allowed up close.

The 2002 was apparently inspiration for the M2

There was an X6M there as well

My images aren't in any sort of order and I got really pissed off trying to sort them because I can't think of a good way to sort them on a Surface with it's 12" screen, it will have to wait until I'm home.

One of these picture shows that the language settings are locked out on these cars, so I cannot change the language so something dumb for goon amusement.

Cadillac

Chevrolet

C7 Vette looked nice. Not so nice inside - quite 'plasticky' and didn't inspire confidence. The weed stash spot behind the screen was a nice addition. 'Corvette'almost sounds French, so I changed the Corvettes into French to please Powershift.

The new Cruze...

The Bolt EV:

Some Bro'ed up Colorado.

2016 Camaro. Loved this car, wish they would sell it in my country. I love the FAV+/- buttons, which I assume control the HUNNERT HAWSPOWAH that the car makes.

FCA

Ford

GMC

Honda

Lexus

Lincoln

Mazda

Pomp and Circumcized fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Buick Avista looks classy as hell

edit: ooo poo poo! It's RWD and has a 400HP twin turbo V6, please give it a t-top option and call it the Grand National

neckbeard fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 12, 2016

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Maybe Acura will take the sheet off some bankruptcy paperwork or something, beat VW to the punch.

Nah it'll be an LWB MDX.

edit: Something even more disappointing

quote:

Acura will use the next international auto show – the North American International Auto Show in Detroit – to show us its all-new Acura Precision Concept.

According to the brand’s press release, this car is an indication of the stylistic approach designers will take on Acura’s sedans from now on.

Built by Acura’s Californian Design Studio, the Precision Concept is obviously a four-door sedan; it features angular sides, bulgy fenders and a sloping roof that stretches far behind, giving the car a sporty look. We can also spot some new headlights and taillights that stretch along the sides of the car.

We will follow Acura’s launches closely on January 12th; if the Precision Concept is well-received by the public, we can bet that the ILX, the TLX and the RLX will soon sport some of its visual cues.

A four door sedan with huge headlights and tail lights, you say? You won't actually make it either? Well let me get in line for some of that.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 12, 2016

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

neckbeard posted:

Buick Avista looks classy as hell

edit: ooo poo poo! It's RWD and has a 400HP twin turbo V6, please give it a t-top option and call it the Grand National

I have pictures of the cutaway engine for it somewhere.

Updated with BMW and Chevrolet. Ford and VW to follow. Ford will take about 8-10 hours to upload.

I'm having a hard time keeping track of the images because they seem to upload in a random order, and constantly hitting 'preview post' then thinking "ok the 11th and 14th images need to move to below the 19th image" has become somewhat tiring. I'll deal with all that when I'm not stuck on a 12" tablet.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

If you go back, please lick that broderado trailboss for me. And tell me if it has an option for the 2.8 turbo diesel. Tia.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

There was some kind of diesel cutaway engine sitting near to it. I'll let you know. The pre-bro'ed exhaust tip is hilarious. Should I ask if it has a switch to conveniently enable rolling coal?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Of course~.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

More:

Mercedes-Benz

Porsche

Subaru

Toyota

Volvo

VW

Pomp and Circumcized fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 12, 2016

• Locked thread