Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

i have that screwdriver

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sniep posted:

i find this highly unlikely

you may have one like it but i truly doubt you've obtained that screwdriver

well it was in that picture and now I have one in my drawer. coincidence? hardly likely

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Prenton posted:

Usbourne have scanned in a load of their 1980s books so you can learn how to old computer

drat

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

minivanmegafun posted:

a real non-trolling reason is that that appears to not be a SE FDHD (pronounced fudd-hudd) which means it will only accept 800k double-sided floppies

if you get one that takes HD floppies you can read/write them in a "modern" computer, and if you install the appropriate extension you can even read/write FAT16 disks

e: the usual indicator of that is that there will be a FDHD or SuperDrive stamp near the floppy drive. there's nothing that prevented a previous owner of that Mac from installing an upgraded drive, though.

IMO
this is why the Amiga never succeeded

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Citizen Tayne posted:

PCs were still mostly using 5.25" floppies for the majority of the Amiga's productive life over here, and disk interoperability wasn't a consideration at all back then.

idk man i mean my experince was that my pc mates would have 3.5s but they would never run coz hd vs dd

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
all those 720k discs that were around

and what you mean is that they couldnt read amiga formatted disks, but the amiga could format as pc format and pcs could read em

BUT the fact was almost eveyr pc drive was 1.44 and so the amiga couldnt touch it

making interoperatbiltriyt inaskopat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hed posted:

holy poo poo I remember these illustrations

• Locked thread