Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's 3 ways to push the A button (0, 0.5 and 1) and there's 8 days in a week (Sun, M, Tu, W, Th, F, Sat, Sun)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Is there folks that play Mario and count how many times they press the A button. That's even more insane to me than this guy's awesomely insane theory about half-presses...

Lol. God I hope so.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

the only way that would work is if he entered the level at the exact moment he pressed the button....... as it is he pressed down on the button and did half a hold outside the level, and inside the level he did half a hold and a release, combining into one full press, but only half of it occuring inside the level

i agree

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

did you know pro marble blast ultra players sand down the area around the stick on their 360 controllers to push the sticks further

Awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

The only one I believed for a while sheerly because I never played or intended to play it, was my friend who was always about acting really macho and straight and stuff all the time told me that at the end of Devil May Cry if you play it right, Dante takes out his dick and starts loving Trish in it and he went into detail about Dante's huge Donkey Dick. If this is not true please someone who's played the game, let me know.

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Press and hold B when the ball pops and then let go on the second wiggle.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought he was saying Whoopsie. UMKIII on SNES.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

you were probably hearing crispy

VariationsEdit

Frosty! (originated from MK3)[3]
Crispy! (originated from UMK3)[4]
Toasty 3D! (originated from MK4)[5]

I watched the video link and that sounds about right

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I need to watch all of these it seems

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think TAS people are cooler than speedrunners. Runners are still actually playing a game and practicing tricks and whatnot but TAS ppl are absolutely insane and when they see a video game all they can see is the code behind the Matrix

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plus there's a growing braggadocio in speedrunning where people are trying their damndest to become personalities and get their faces on GDQs, whereas TAS guys happily toil away on robots and would rather spend their time making hour long YouTube videos about how many different ways you can press the A button on an N64 controller, which I respect more.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Actually lmfao in the video he says he builds up speed by making Mario collide with a wall and a ceiling element to make the game start accelerating him for some reason my eyes glazed over about but anyway he does this technique for 12 hours to build up a speed with like 8 digits in it which usually Mario has like 50 speed when he's running I guess, for scale.

Idk if you saw the Metroid Prime run at this past AGDQ but there was a new trick discovered similar to a Pedro Spot where you can put Samus in morph ball form and hit a certain element of the geometry that is frictionless due to competing boundaries overlapping and eventually Samus gets such a high speed that she turns into a ball of light and when you leave the frictionless element you're going so fast that the game thinks you are simultaneously touching every single square inch of every currently loaded room, which they use to collect certain items out of order.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

:twisted: I Enjoy The Skinny Mario :twisted:

He has a cool jump

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's no way running into a sloped wall for 12 hours is faster than simply being a few minutes late to work.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Has he reduced his total A count since the video last year detailing all 27 A presses. It seems like over half of them are in tick tock clock

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He posts videos to pannenkeok2012 these days btw, because people trolled him off the face of the planet unjustly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

his newest video is really sweet

im catching up on videos i missed since Talking to Yoshi with Negative Lives but this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0emgkIEobI is particularly cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hdFG2GcNuA&t=358s

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I originally linked that for mario going negative infinity miles per hour but stick around for him following a slow moving fish sprite for 7 days straight in wet dry world

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's sad that the 0 a press run is a dead dream

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Watching this now and its anothe epic video. Ive still got a lot of pannenkeok to catch up on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like that all the conservation explanations seems kinda crazy until it explains that its probably all there so flying out of a cannon works the way it does and it has a bunch of unintended side affects

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

wow hes really upped video output this past few weeks after like 2 months of scarcity

another video today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlLGbZ0CcrY

Maybe he's been working on a lot of ideas and is releasing a big batch of recent testing stuff. Who knows but I'm happy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

The Assassination of pannenkoek2012 by the Coward TJ "Henry" Yoshi

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My favorite pannenkoek subgenre is the videos about Tick Tock Clock random setting math.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

today i learned that theres only one A press remaining in the any% run which is pretty awesome but its apparently insurmountable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6UhkHRF_3Q

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

Might be able to get it down to half a press, but yeah. That's crazy.

the glitch that he explains where he uses the real jrb ship for 1 frame to launch mario like a catapult in a PU at 10000000 MPH is badass.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Idea #10:

Use the seesaw.

Idea #11:

Use rotational PU speed displacement.

Its epic that he's so thoroughly explained his methodology and naming structures that comments on his video can be like "Is it possible to use rotational VSC displacement to initiate a demo displacement and move Mario into a more useful horizontal position?" lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

heres one in a similar vein where he bugs out a fly guy until its the size of Tall Tall Mountain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHd8TSf2tds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

he posted a new 10 minute video at midnight just now simply called Blinking. There's goes my evening

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008