Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soral
May 30, 2009

this is like the third time we've had a thread about this dude. hes cool in my book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

Paper Triangle posted:

my issue with the notation is that if he has divided a "press" into three parts, the push down, the hold, and the release, and all he used was the hold, isn't that 1/3 press? if you want to play semantics and say the act of pushing down is the same as a "press" and the 2nd and 3rd parts do not enter the picture then he did it in zero presses. i'm just not sure how you arrive at half.

the only way that would work is if he entered the level at the exact moment he pressed the button....... as it is he pressed down on the button and did half a hold outside the level, and inside the level he did half a hold and a release, combining into one full press, but only half of it occuring inside the level

Soral
May 30, 2009

im not going to edit out or otherwise hide the incredibly gay poo poo i just posted

Soral
May 30, 2009

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pannenkoek2012

Soral
May 30, 2009

pannenkoek2012 is a hero

Soral
May 30, 2009

Soral
May 30, 2009

Soral
May 30, 2009

Soral
May 30, 2009

a blink is a blink. you can't say it's only 0.5

Soral
May 30, 2009

beautiful

Soral
May 30, 2009

qnqnx posted:

[while examining the SM64 engine in deep, PUs and five different blinking systems laid bare in front of you] the guys at Nintendo had lost their loving minds

Soral
May 30, 2009

omg

Soral
May 30, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

heres something even more powerful i thought if. luigi with a lightsaber and hes a jedi

Bill Barber posted:

Some sort of Jedi Knight Luigi, you say?

Soral
May 30, 2009

i forgive you

Soral
May 30, 2009

pedro spots are incredibly powerful

Soral
May 30, 2009

Soral
May 30, 2009

the slope x hypothesis makes a lot of sense in my opinion. i'm convinced its true

Soral
May 30, 2009

Soral
May 30, 2009

Wormskull posted:

That was the style of yell I did when I saw STROOP - a program that can show us the objects slots in real time.

stroop is the dutch word for syrup- which is the thing that you pour on pannenkoek, the dutch word for pancakes

Soral
May 30, 2009

that ivy guy posted:

I can't believe I lasted 3 weeks without a new Pannenkoek video.

i feel the same way. we were spoiled by how rapidly he was putting out quality videos for a while and now i'm always looking forward to the next amazing new mario 64 discovery he'll share

Soral
May 30, 2009

sincx posted:

https://github.com/SM64-STROOP/STROOP

Wow, it's on github.

And he actually found a way to make it be an acronym for something:

SuperMario64 Technical Run-time Observer and Object Processor

thank you.

Soral
May 30, 2009

The Kins posted:

there was a mario 64 tas contest where people competed to complete ten absurd tasks

pannenkoek trolled it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHwiIp4i5eA

lmao

Soral
May 30, 2009

big fan of the system lock

Soral
May 30, 2009

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

Yes I'm aware, that was very obvious. I meant was there something else to it that I missed, cause the crawling to water for 8 min was clear on intent, or the five bomb salute

that was the only real speedrun entry he made. i looked it up he came in second place for it

Soral
May 30, 2009

pannenkoek2012 took 6th place overall if anyone was interested

Soral
May 30, 2009

pannenkoek using the A button is like when goku took off the weighted clothing

Soral
May 30, 2009

thinkinkg about STROOP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral