Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This guy is epic. Hell I love every insane gamer-theorist on youtube more or less, as far as people who are insane about technical things, not really social matters though since I don't care about that.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

But, in a Full Game A-Button Challenge,...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is there folks that play Mario and count how many times they press the A button. That's even more insane to me than this guy's awesomely insane theory about half-presses...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My big complaint, well actually it makes the video better but with the actual theory, is I thought he was going to reveal some wild poo poo about how a N64 controller's buttons work in SM64 kind of like holding the analog stick forward when turning on an N64 to calibrate the neutral position and then being able to move faster in Doom 64, or something.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And there must be a community of people for beating the game in as few A presses as possible because the way he talks about it and why it's important to him seems to be that reason more or less.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

did you know pro marble blast ultra players sand down the area around the stick on their 360 controllers to push the sticks further

No but, I figured they would if I had to guess the one thing Pro Marble Blast Ultra players do to a 360 controller.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i will watch any length video if my social link with the person is high enough

Same but I liked that image anyway.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only one I believed for a while sheerly because I never played or intended to play it, was my friend who was always about acting really macho and straight and stuff all the time told me that at the end of Devil May Cry if you play it right, Dante takes out his dick and starts loving Trish in it and he went into detail about Dante's huge Donkey Dick. If this is not true please someone who's played the game, let me know.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's been confirmed "Toasty" for like 40 years now.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

is this like a speedrunning trick, or just something the guy made up on his own?

Within the first minute the answer to this question should be clear.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Basically for anyone who thought the video was too long: The guy in the video either invented or is part of a community that plays Super Mario 64 by pressing the A button as little as possible so they complete levels by coming up with insane moves such as "Scuttlebug Raising" which is where you abuse loading zones and enemy programming to make a scuttlebug in HMC start levitating. So watch the rest of the video.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

its like speedrunning except it takes 40 minutes to collect 1 star

This, and it's loving magnificent.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ever since the minigame was invented of Collect The 8 Red Coins Star Before A 1Up Mushroom Can Touch You, I've been looking for ways people can play a game in a fairly fun looking way that bares almost no resemblance to actually playing it, and now I've found the perfect example, and hell, it's even in the same game. SM64 is incredible.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Actually lmfao in the video he says he builds up speed by making Mario collide with a wall and a ceiling element to make the game start accelerating him for some reason my eyes glazed over about but anyway he does this technique for 12 hours to build up a speed with like 8 digits in it which usually Mario has like 50 speed when he's running I guess, for scale.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I guess he's like a TAS God basically. Right now I'm watching a video where he does a Mario Wings To The Sky star with 0 presses by somehow teleporting goombas from king bob-omb's hill in a bridge style to the floating island from 50 feet away by waving his wing cap at them.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpcMlj8BwWE

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I can't tell quite from looking at it but it appears he's somehow storing goombas ?? and then using King Bob-Omb's body to place them. Unfortunately the video doesn't have audio commentary and I don't feel like reading the description on it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This video is an improvement from my previous video in which I collected this star using 1 A press. You can find that video here: https://youtu.be/j6W37o8_GE4. At that time, I believed it to be infeasible to use a goomba staircase to reach the secrets, because the number of goombas required was exponential in terms of the number of bounces. However, since then, I developed two new goomba structures: the goomba cluster and the goomba oasis, described as follows:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Even though it's just pure madness stuff like this makes me wish I paid attention in math class.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's epic that whoever said Super Mario 64 Quantum Physicist is accurate... This world can be fairly freaking awesome sometimes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

After watching a few seconds of this video I decided to turn it off, but then it hypnotized me or something and I watched the whole thing??

There's something heartwarming about finding other people who manage to love something in ways we perhaps can't even imagine, in a world that's so hosed up and AIDS-Ridden.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well now that I now he does TASes of it I guess, it's not quite what I was looking for but an real time version of A Button Challenge would still be fairly cool probably.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

I think TAS people are cooler than speedrunners. Runners are still actually playing a game and practicing tricks and whatnot but TAS ppl are absolutely insane and when they see a video game all they can see is the code behind the Matrix

Agreed.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't think it'd even be possible to do the goomba stairs and a lot of other stuff he does except by accident without TAS poo poo because it's based on multiple single frame inputs consecutively, IIRC.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

At first I was wondering how he was getting perfect footage from different angles but it makes more sense with a TAS.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UDDdbXaGx0

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Too bad about your gigantic, tremendously unfunny webcomic OP.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like that they made that sprite have a stance like Mario looks how wild he looks in lanky mushroom form.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The first looks is supposed to be "knows".

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

He's like a real math ulillillia, and epic as hell...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

This Undertale Video Will Blow Your Load (top ten sexiest characters)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

How does it take people this long to find ZFG... He's the best runner of the best category of OOT for god sake.