Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
is this like a speedrunning trick, or just something the guy made up on his own?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've blocked r/creepypasta for a reason (sleep related), and i'd appreciate it not being brought into this forum. thank you.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

omfg

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

the thing that rules about this guy is he's so good at explaining the bonkers poo poo he understands in the engine. Like, it doesn't come off like the rambling of a psychopath, but like a great teacher.

That PU rotational displacement thing is loving insane. As soon as he was like, "the pivot point is the real ship" :eyepop:

:yeah:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the depth of programming in mario64 is just barely less impressive than pannenkoek's ability to discover it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Since there is only one star that uses a Goomba ladder in the any% run, and one a press left, it's possible that some time next year (if he can solve the fire sea pole) Pannenkoek will put together a loving monumental 40 hour (or whatever it is) real time video of him beating SM64 with 0 a presses and without having to fast forward except for that one star. I would watch that whole thing probably

the cremaster cycle for the 2010s

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

no one man should have all that power....

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
his ability to visualize complex concepts is really impressive. i wish i could make presentations like that.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mush Man posted:

Here's one of the devs writing about cramming everything into the PSX's RAM and dynamic loading in levels.
https://www.quora.com/How-did-game-developers-pack-entire-games-into-so-little-memory-twenty-five-years-ago/answer/Dave-Baggett

jesus

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Regy Rusty posted:

Pannen's official documentation of the new 0x Star: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dkwHlDC1LY

Full explanation of how it was discovered in the description.

They're now down to only 27 presses!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
not panenkoek or mario 64, but check out this detailed guide to a dude figuring out how to run ROMs in the GC animal farm NES furniture, and how that could be used to run arbitrary code on a GC:

https://jamchamb.github.io/2018/07/11/animal-crossing-nes-emulator-hacks.html