Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
"Henry"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i watched the whole video and while i am impressed by his achievement i take issue with his notation.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
my issue with the notation is that if he has divided a "press" into three parts, the push down, the hold, and the release, and all he used was the hold, isn't that 1/3 press? if you want to play semantics and say the act of pushing down is the same as a "press" and the 2nd and 3rd parts do not enter the picture then he did it in zero presses. i'm just not sure how you arrive at half.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
don't get me wrong though this guy is cool as hell and has traveled with mario to countless parallel universes so i can't really say poo poo.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
alright i take it back. that's a solid argument. his notation is sound, and i hope he someday murders the mystery goomba and claims its impossible coin.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Wormskull posted:

My big complaint, well actually it makes the video better but with the actual theory, is I thought he was going to reveal some wild poo poo about how a N64 controller's buttons work in SM64 kind of like holding the analog stick forward when turning on an N64 to calibrate the neutral position and then being able to move faster in Doom 64, or something.

this reminds me of the prevailing nintendo uncle rumor at my middle school, which was that a special 3rd party controller could turn the hand upside down on the screen where you can mess w mario's face, and that if you turned the hand upside down and pulled on his nose the right way you could play as luigi. i'm not sure if that seems more or less insane than QPUs.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
another guy said the gym leader gave him a hitmonchan and then he caught a hitmonlee outside in the tall grass but i knew that one was bullshit.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i want to do an oral history of the regional mythologies the "whoopsie" guy from mortal kombat must have. was he even saying whoopsie? was it toasty? was it different on genesis vs SNES? all hot points of debate for 10 year old me

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
thanks, nice to finally put that one to rest.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
he has several runs where he uses no buttons at all, just the joystick, seemingly

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i'm glad to know these are tool assisted because the idea of him manually doing some of this stuff like making the little bug hover or ccreating the floating goomba stairs was making me feel real bad about my gamer abilities.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
just for the record if i ever discover a spot please don't name it after me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
well what do you expect when he doesn't know the difference between a half A press and a half jump?