Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MacheteZombie posted:

Wow wait a minute, the Neil Gaiman book American Gods is coming to TV?

E: And Bryan Fuller is producing it?! :vince:

They'll probably turn it into a police procedural

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

muscles like this? posted:

Nah, it's on Starz so they don't need to really care about ratings all that much. Also Gaiman is fully involved with the project, writing the pilot and everything.

I don't remember there being enough dicks in American Gods for it to really get the proper Starz experience, but the channel is good news! Been a while since I read the book, I should rummage through the shelves for it.

So, does tonight's episode end with Clarke and the Commander making out?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Troposphere posted:

shippers are crazy people and the bellarke vs clexa war rages on

Shippers need to emotionally prepare themselves for the inevitable prince/Clarke marriage of convenience to unite the tribes

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

muscles like this? posted:

I'd say the Ice Nation stuff can't be too far. Mount Weather and Tondc are like 50 miles apart and the Ark stuff is kind of in the middle of that.

The wiki says the ice nation stretches for thousands of miles and the actual "ice" portions of it are way north, so they're probably evil canadians whose southern borders happen to be fairly nearby

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Pike didn't actually wait to start eating people, despite having plenty of food

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kegslayer posted:

It's because Clarke hasn't killed anyone yet.

She killed those three ice nation dudes by proxy

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I guess that answers my question about where chief of security guy went

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Error 404 posted:

I even think, when it comes down to it, Kane is the only truly good character in this show. Yeah he did hosed up poo poo on the Ark, but it was a hosed up survival situation.

Just gonna make it that much more tragic when Pike murders him for being a dirty grounder lover

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So is the next episode going to start with a really annoyed looking seneschal standing over Clarke and Lexa in bed?

None of the other commanders did this! :argh:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Troposphere posted:

I like how in the episode they told you exactly around how many people were in mt weather so people could do accurate kill counts

This raises a point actually, was the grounder buddy of Lincoln's out of the mountain or did he go down with the hospital?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

sbaldrick posted:

So the Ice nation lives in the bombed out frozen ruins of Washington DC right?

The ice nation extends for "thousands of miles" so probably the frozen ruins of Ottowa

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MacheteZombie posted:

This is true, Clarke might just execute him next episode to make a point lol.

You might be the Chancellor but I'm in charge :ese:

e: Honestly I'd be pretty stoked if Pike just got randomly eaten by a mutant ape while he's out, but I figure this is gonna drag out

Azhais fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 13, 2016

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MacheteZombie posted:

Yeah its usually a gamble that someone doesn't ignore a treaty. Doesn't mean that Abby and Kane shouldn't have been more proactive about stopping Pike's warmongering.

There's literally no reason Pike should have been along at the summit either. Sure, pike probably wanted to go, but much like other noted dangerously unstable guy Jasper, he should be required to stay at home.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Pike is kind of obviously a character who is black so that he can be racist in a way that isn't too uncomfortable or stereotypical which is kind of irritating but they also have enough nonwhite characters to avoid the worst of it.

Eagerly awaiting his briefing about "Operation: Get Behind The Whities"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I think the main problem is that Kane and Clarke are the only two members of skycrew that are capable of making rational decisions

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Iron Rose posted:

It's not like abby and kane made better decisions in season 2 either guys

I'm just saying that Kane is physically capable of making a good decision. He doesn't always do that, just that he's able. Unlike other people.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Soothing Vapors posted:

Bob Morley is the dumbest name, I swear to god

And 'Jamming' is really overrated

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

esperterra posted:

Draw me like one of your Ark girls.

Where are they gonna find a 1912 Renault?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Next season's enemies will be the 13th tribe of skycrew

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Then come the psychic subterranean mutants

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Johnny Truant posted:

And my bet is on Clarke finding... the other AI pod.

She's actually going to discover that they've been mistranslating the entire time and "Wanheda" actually means "Commander of the little death". Really changes her outlook on things.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kegslayer posted:

The other grounders were happy to kill them all without a thought and unless Arkadia can secure their position in the world with force, it's just a matter of time before they get wiped out.

Strictly speaking didn't the whole grounder/skykru war start due to the rockets the kids sent up to say they were ok? I seem to recall them managing to hit and destroy multiple grounder settlements, which is why the warband went on the march in the first place.

If skykru would just stop murdering grounders this whole thing might just work out.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Given that the station was owned by the crazy scientist chick it seems like the easy answer would be "crazy scientist chick has gone crazy and locked us out, we'll continue docking manoeuvres as soon as we space her and regain control" (or just "thrusters broke, we're working on fixing them")

Send out the message that you can't dock, not that you won't.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
If ratings are dropping its probably because someone decided this season needed to be "WOPR vs Skynet: Does anyone have a working tic-tac-toe program?"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

qbert posted:

I wasn't aware there was Arrow controversy this season. What did they cave to?

They had Felicity and Oliver get together, but that's hardly the issue. The issue is the writers can't find anything better to do than have Felicity be a full time :byodame: when it comes to keeping secrets

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's astounding how much Pike had singlehandedly killed my interest in this show.

Also Arkadia should be thankful that the grounders haven't figured out catapults

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Or is she no longer available because she knew she was going to be killed off?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Foul Ole Ron posted:

The lesson that should be learned here is don't pander to tumblr, it lets them think they have some sort of importance or input into a show's writing.

I think the crux of the problem is they sort of pandered to the tumblr-ish community, rallied them up behind the show, made a lot of vague promises about Lexa making it to the season finale. Then buried their gays pissing everyone they catered to off.

Hopefully the ratings go back up somewhat this week, before the whole show gets killed by a stray bullet.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Troposphere posted:

considering they just announced that the new Xena series is going to make the Xena/Gabrielle relationship text instead of subtext right after this all happened I'm not so sure about that

Turns out the subtext was hardcore friendzone.

If people want to watch a show with a strong gay character that probably isn't going to be killed anytime soon, there's always Brooklyn-99

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

enraged_camel posted:

because she finally had sex with Clarke?

living the dream

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

hollylolly posted:

I dunno, might be weird for a new character to do that when his sister Octavia already has a clear motive for kicking his rear end.

i couldn't help myself, sorry. I knew who you meant :v:

Well, Octavia is obviously going to die in a tragic horse riding accident off screen, thus requiring a new character

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

enraged_camel posted:

The top commenter nailed it:

I'm more annoyed about it from the strong warrior random death perspective. If you're gonna write her off have her lose in the duel or something Hamlet style.

Next week: Octavia dies offscreen to an infected hangnail

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dalael posted:

stop judging every single episode on their own and judge it based on the whole season.

I am, this season has been utter crap. I don't even give a poo poo about Lexa.

At this point I'm just hoping something happens in the finale that gives me reason to watch next season.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So I kinda gave up on this show because I couldn't care less about either the skynet or pike plotlines. Last thing I vaguely remember is Kane getting crucified or something. Does it resolve at some point so I can be hopeful for season 4? Are there a couple episodes I should watch to just get s4 set up?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

xeria posted:

There were rumors a few months ago that CW was leaning toward this being the show's final season. I don't know if they were ever substantiated or not.

Have the ratings been any better this year?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Combat Pretzel posted:

The planet core exploding?

That's easy to solve, the big problem is finding an unlimited source of Xena tapes for DJ Qualls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Elias_Maluco posted:

They are going to produce some radiation cure based on Luna's blood, arent they?

Sparking the holy war with the flame keepers

• Locked thread