Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

:siren: Season Three starts January 21st on the CW :siren:
There are obviously season 1&2 spoilers in the OP

Welcome to The 100, where the CW takes all your expectations and turns them upside down, and then blows them up.

AKA The Clarke Griffin Own Zone

In Season 2 we found our intrepid leader, Thelonious Jaha, leading an expedition from Camp Jaha toward the fabled/rumored City of Light. He loses most of them in the desert when they abandon him to return back to the rest of the Ark survivors.

John Murphy remains with him, because while Jaha is clearly insane, Murphy has nowhere better to be.

Sacrifices are made by our hero.

But at last he and his followers Murphy reach dry land. What they find there...

An AI with a nuke in need of repair, and a fully stocked bunker/lighthouse where you can watch a video of the last occupant killing themselves!

Oh, some other stuff happened as well. You may remember that in Season 1, Clarke incinerates the attacking Grounder army by using the thrusters of the drop ship.

Octavia joined the Grounders and became a total badass

This guy didn't have a great year.

His son turned Lincoln into a monster, and took leadership of Mt Weather away from his dad. He then went full Evil and commenced forced bone marrow extractions on the remaining Ark kids who were under their care.

Jasper went from this ^^ to an axe wielding leader of the 47 held in Mt Weather

Raven was almost paralyzed, then she was better, then she got injured blowing up the Mt. Weather power station, and THEN they started drilling into her for bone marrow!

The adults were largely just following Clarke's lead, which makes them pretty smart. And, of course, Bellamy infiltrated Mt Weather to try to help the 47, Clarke kissed a girl and she liked it but it would never work out so she moved on, and then the Grounder army that she worked so hard to unite with the Ark survivors BETRAYED them all.

Clarke killed ALL OF MT WEATHER but she felt really bad about it.

Season two ends with her walking away from the rest of the Sky People/Ark survivors and bearing her burden (being the best character) alone.

Post your favorite gifs and/or shipping names! BELLARKE am I right? I'm trying to figure out a name for Jaha and Murphy. ;)

edit: :siren: Clarke Griffin Body Count: 905 :siren:

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Sorry Lycus, cut you off when I closed the old thread.

Lycus posted:

If we give Bellamy shared responsibility for the incineration and irradiation, and take away the missile attack, would he have a bigger body count than Clarke?

Bellamy wasn't in the drop ship so he doesn't get shared responsibility for it - in fact Clarke thought she might have killed him and Finn as well when she pushed that particular button. He did fully support and help her with the irradiation though!

edit: Yep, comes back January 21st, let me edit that into the OP

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 13, 2016

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Lycus posted:

drat it, hollylolly, for a second you got me thinking it was on tonight. :p

:D

Sorry, I wanted to make sure I got the OP done in time, and I had time to do it today... so I posted it. :angel:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

If anyone can find or make a good gif of Jasper killing Mt Weather people with an axe, I'd be grateful. :)

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I added a spoiler warning but...if you click onto a season three OP I think it goes without saying that the thread is full of spoilers from previous seasons.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I need more Crazy Jaha eyes to put into the OP, so yes. Jaha worshipping an AI with a nuke may be just crazy enough.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

The S2 OP was more orderly than this one turned out. :shrug: I really felt like using gifs was the way to go this year, though. In the end, however, the first post is just there to hang the rest of the thread on.

Aaand we're off to a great start! Tell you what, if we can put together a good "intro to The 100" post I'll link to it right at the top of the OP for any virgin eyes that wander in and leave a big space before the spoilers start. :)

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Who is Olivia?

:cheeky:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

WarLocke posted:

A girl who is surprisingly sane considering she was raised under the floorboard.

Seriously, that poo poo was wack

Counterpoint: her name is Octavia

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

WarLocke posted:

I... have failed this thread. :smithicide:

Sorry, thread rules mean you have to be spaced. I don't make the rules I just enforce them. :unsmigghh:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Fenrisulfr posted:

I would not personally call "thrown in solitary for X years, where X is 18 - their age, then probably executed" a slap on the wrist.

Those drat kids got away with everything, including murder!

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I'm going to say 100, give or take ten deaths.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I'll try to keep the kill count updated every week. :black101:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: Season Three starts tonight!

Wanheda: Part One
Bellamy and Kane lead a team into Grounder territory to rescue Clarke, who has bounty on her head; Murphy finds a changed Jaha is on a different mission.

Have this favorable review of the show (some small spoilers) from Entertainment Weekly.

Spergatory posted:

For the OP: A nice gif of Jasper loving murdering some dude in cold blood. Couldn't find a larger one but I feel it gets the point across. :black101:

This is great, btw. Thanks!

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jan 21, 2016

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Clarke still kissing girls and slaying pussypanthers, it's a good thing Bellamy has moved on with, uh, whatshername the bartender.

I feel bad for Jasper. And Monty - he just wants to help his bro. :( Lincoln can't catch a break with Octavia: now that he's ingratiated himself with the Skykru(sp?) in Arkadia she's mad that he isn't Grounder enough anymore. Sheesh! Maybe be glad he doesn't seem to be suffering from Reaper side effects anymore, huh?

I really want some screenshots of the opening credits, and of Kane's map. :buddy:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Grounder Bounty Hunter Vane probably didn't buy what the trading post girl was telling him, but maybe he didn't want to ruin his relationship with the trading post by bursting in and trashing the place to capture Clarke. Taking her by complete surprise is a better option when you're dealing with Wanheda, obviously.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: S3 E2 - Wanheda, part 2

Bellamy and Kane risk life and limb to rescue Clarke. In an attempt to avoid worrying about her daughter, Abby focuses on whether to open Mount Weather as a medical facility. Meanwhile, Murphy plots to betray his former Chancellor.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Troposphere posted:

that's where I thought they were going with it when they mentioned the snow. like they ran out of food and had to cannibalize people

They were the farm section of the Ark though, so it stands to reason they would have had a lot of food.

Guess we'll find out! The story they gave Monty seemed a little sketchy so I wouldn't be surprised to find out there's more to it. If there's anything the show is consistent on is that there is never a clear cut good/bad divide.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

They started killing off children.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Linctavia is my OTP :swoon:

What was Captain Vane's name on this show? Prince A....? I missed it.

I get why a surviving skyscraper would make for an intimidating seat of power for Lexa but they were seriously high up. Think of all the stairs! :ohdear: Unless they show that the Grounders have rigged up some lifts to run up the old elevator shafts next week, I guess!

First I was surprised they didn't use an iconic Washington DC landmark for her HQ, but it actually makes sense that all those buildings would have been bombed to smithereens.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

YES

WarLocke posted:

It sounded like Roan or maybe Rowan to me.

You are right! According to Zach McGowan's wikipedia it's spelled Roan. Speaking of Zach McGowan, I love his face. It's so... feline? I don't know how to describe it, but he certainly is good at looking dangerous.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

raditts posted:

Aragorn. He's basically Post-Apocalyptic Aragorn so you might as well call him that.

:lol:

I almost said Aragorn, to be honest.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

Did you guys know Clarke is the last blond human being left, in the world?
...except for the girl at the trading post.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Xoidanor posted:

Episode 1 of Spartacus. :negative:

Literally so bad I skip it on every re-watch.

He did something I've always wondered why no one else in fiction has done before, pretend to drown.

Yeah, it wasn't that she didn't kill him on purpose, she was trying to and he faked that he'd died so she'd stop choking/drowning him to death.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: S3 E3 Ye Who Enter Here

Clarke struggles with a decision; Bellamy finds that something is not what it seems; Murphy plans to betray his former chancellor.

Pretty vague. And I'd say the last bit already happened?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Just watched the episode- Mt Weather!!! :supaburn:

I thought they'd manage to get the codes in time, tbh, right until it cut back and Bellamy's girlfriend was dead already.

36 people minus Pike and engineer guy plus Gina or whatever her name was = 35 dead? Hard to say for sure, but they'll probably give us a hard count in the next episode when everyone is mourning/yelling about this.

Prince Roan's face when Lexa called for his arrest - I'm already your captive! I guess he had some free reign in the building before, though. And :drat: Clarke looked like a badass warrior queen there at the ceremony. She and Lexa have a lot of chemistry.

If they have Chancellor elections I predict Pike is elected. Farm Krew gonna poison grounder relations more than they are already. But then, Ice Nation is awful!

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

WarLocke posted:

I'm glad to see that Larke is still a thing. Those ladies got some chemistry.

It's Clexa :frogout:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

My understanding of Roan is that he's not really a fan of his own mom/Ice Nation, and has hanging out with Tree Crew before he was banished by Lexa. He brings her Clarke to get unbanished and she said "nah, you're my prisoner too" and now he wants Clarke to kill her.

He could have brought Clarke to the Ice queen but didn't. He is obviously estranged from his own nation. I'm sure they'll fill in more details about him as time goes on.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

He was banished from Tree crew because he stayed with the Arkers to attack Mt Weather...right? It's a little fuzzy in my memory.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

That sounds right. Which is also why Octavia isn't with Indra anymore, because she was forced to choose and she went after her brother rather than retreat with Treecrew.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: S3 E4 Watch the Throne

Clarke learns the identity of the author of a devious plan; Kane fights to keep the peace; Jasper acts recklessly out of grief.

:supaburn:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Yeah, they're playing it really safe/vague with the synopsizes. Synopsii? :lol:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I knew Pike was going to become Chancellor. :argh: Bellamy is letting his emotions for his dead girlfriend and trusted earth skills teacher sway him and I'm not a fan of this character twist.

Which, according to the preview, he's going to regret but not before they slaughter Treekru's army. :argh:

Everything at Polis was awesome. :black101:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

hope and vaseline posted:

Yeah I just feel so much more invested in the grounder drama and stories than everyone at Arkadia being idiots.

Hopefully it'll just be the [preview]one surprise attack on their friends, and then Bellamy will realize he's an idiot but Pike won't relent and Wanheda will come kill Pike. Monty's mom is kind of blood thirsty, too.

Farm Station should be helping Arkadia figure out their food growing situation, not leading the charge of breaking up a coalition they know nothing about. :argh: They should have all been inside Mt Weather!

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

If Indra has a radio I don't see how a sneak attack would be possible. Just warn her that some idiots with guns are heading their way.

Except she's not likely to order her army to melt away into the woods, and more likely to defend herself with extreme prejudice, so then more Skykru are killed by Grounders.....

I think I'm just disappointed that Pike doesn't have any nuance right now?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

FRINGE posted:

Bellamy turned into an unstoppable ninja in Mt Weather. Maybe hes playing a deep game with Pike. That would make him less terrible and make sense out out of that coy "Trust me" at the gate. Maybe someone has already warned the grounders.

Thread needs a different title.

I PMed X-O for a new title and it hasn't been changed yet.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I like that they've set Murphy up to be the voice of reason that no one trusts.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I'm still kind of hoping that there are some Arkers who have terrible agoraphobia from growing up in a small enclosed space.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Ironic shippers are welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Two ships enter.