Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

When is the first episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

VagueRant posted:

Wish the title had gone with the Genghis Clarke kill count, personally.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Lycus posted:

Grounders believe you become Commander via reincarnation, though. It's unclear how much influence a "coup leader" can have over that without knowing the details of how they're "discovered".

Am I just misremembering grounder leaders openly challenging her position before Ton-DC?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

raditts posted:

Yeah but she's mostly too much of a coward to look her victims in the eyes when she kills them. 99% of her kills are from either pushing a button or doing nothing when someone else pushed a button, and then she goes off looking all distant and blubbering about ~*~her burden to bear~*~. The true badasses are Octavia and Jasper.

She broke the knee of the impaired grounder guy and slit his throat in like 2 seconds cold blooded.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Astroman posted:

This is my bet. He was literally handing him the red blue pill. It could also be how she "saved" everyone, think The Library on Doctor Who or Zanarkand in Final Fantasy X. So the CIty of Light is a VR where billions of humans have continued to live and develop civilization since everything blew up.

I want this to be true just so that Clarke can add billions to her killcount.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Lycus posted:

I like how Indra went from the Sky People's biggest hater to their biggest Grounder ally.

She's seen what happens when you stand up to the Sky People.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

CeeJee posted:

And not going 'amazing, a horseless carriage' in that terrain buggy.

She's seen rockets and guns, cars are not going to impress her.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Antifreeze Head posted:

1) I thought it was a bit strange that the set dressings had the sky people growing plants (food presumably) in little pots when there is a clear abundance of land.

Is it really? For me it kinda makes sense that experienced hydroponic farmers would initially opt for the semi-controlled environment of pots when they lack both tractor and cattle to efficiently work the land. It's only been 3 months since season 2.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

CeeJee posted:

Jasper had also been kind of gloating over over Dr. Tsing dying horribly when exposed to radiation so he knows exactly how bad a death it was. Plenty there to gently caress someone up for years to come, I'm suprised they have no therapists in Arkadia. Living on the Ark for decades would have made plenty of professional help to not go mad an absolute must.

Probably died somewhere around the worlds most incompetent coup.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The first 2 episodes kinda have to be what they are to avoid the descent into madness feeling forced.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

nerdman42 posted:

I was oddly worried that the show would have to keep creating wacky super science antagonists until they got stale, but the fact that there's still Grounders to fight and new Ark people that have just been off doing their own thing all of last season is immensely promising. I totally forgot that they hadn't run into other Ark survivors yet.

I'm loving ready for all of this chaos.

Did you miss that Jaha is creating a cyber-zombie army?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

VagueRant posted:

Small thing, but kinda irks me how the grounders stopped putting poison on their blades/arrows, and stopped using biological warfare. Like, you'd think the Arkers would be super loving hesitant about bringing Lincoln's wounded pal in after The Murphy Problem.

Wasn't the sickness Murphy got just some common cold thing? You'd assume everyone be immune at this point.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Error 404 posted:

Season 2 had this issue, and I can name a whole ton of other shows that do this too.

Episode 1 of Spartacus. :negative:

Literally so bad I skip it on every re-watch.

Acinonyx posted:

Where Clarke has the guy under the water and doesn't finish the job was the only part that didn't work for me. If they didn't want him dead, they could have written something more believable. It's tough to buy that Clarke of all people would hesitate to kill some rando would-be kidnapper.

He did something I've always wondered why no one else in fiction has done before, pretend to drown.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It was a nice subversion, fiction has pretty much conditioned people into thinking that people are dead the second they stop struggling.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Error 404 posted:

Don't tell the writers that, or she'll start getting clowned on left and right to show how powerful the bad guys are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LnwLn9vnKo
VS

I don't think that's happening.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Kegslayer posted:

Don't quite understand the hate for Pike.

Someone has to lay the groundwork for Clarke's season three killing spree.

He's a one-note instigator and his plotline so far has been extremely predictable. That might change but so far he's terrible. He's filling the same role the vice-captain of the guard did last season but unlike her Pike's motivations are laid plane.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Boris Galerkin posted:

So we're the GoT vibes the "give me 20 good men" part and even the duel looked like the Mountain vs the Viper.

At least they had the good excuse of automatic rifles, in GoT it was just stupid.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

esperterra posted:

Almost feels like they're speeding past this stuff to leave more room for the City of Light story, or hurrying to split the arkers into two factions or whatever so they can get on to that bit already.

There's no way Jaha's arrival won't coincide with Pike's death.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Astroman posted:

Even so, Jaha was making some pretty tough unilateral decisions in the first episodes, floating people, sending the kids down, deciding to cut off people's air, etc.

Those decisions were in the following order: The law, council decision and council decision. I think him pardoning Abby was the exception.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It's also thematically appropriate that the few remnants of civilisation that survived MAD are all too busy killing each other to rebuild into anything real. Humanity didn't learn anything.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

LoG posted:

The girl Bellamy was locked up next to in Mt. Weather that one time and was also the one who tattled to the Ice Queen a couple of episodes ago.

Who is also THE CHOSEN ONE apparently.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Shieldhill posted:

No, that's someone else.

It was? I was sure it was her...

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9g4YsGpO-A

The queens ace in the hole was a Nightblood. She's not after risking that to a potential suicide mission

Considering that the queen put herself within spearing distance for a duel in her name that she didn't even have guts to fight herself I'm not that convinced about her risk-estimation capabilities.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

vs

You might have eyeball problems, friend

Well excuse me for confusing the two side characters with barely any screentime. :colbert:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Pike noticed Clarke's KDR and wanted to get up to speed.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Can't really have a conflict-driven show without conflict.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Abby especially has a really bad track-record.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm imagining that this particular lead-in part of season lost some scenes to whatever the Jaha endgame is in editing.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

Veronica Mars is sacred and you should be beaten.

Seriously though we are barely into this season and TVIV has thrown in the towel, gently caress you half wits.

I'm loving the season so far. :shobon:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

PikeKru find the grounder army already converted by Jaha.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

Pike's going to end up in the Matrix for sure.

No way, he's dead.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Is Bellamy about to get Finned?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

esperterra posted:

Jaha going to Arkadia to become a drug dealing techno preacher has gotten me to finally hitch my wagon to his wild ride.

And was it my own :catdrugs: or is Jaha's cyber eucharist also nanomachines? Maybe Raven was just tripping.

AI lady seized control of the theifs brother in like no time at all so I think as much can be presumed.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

raditts posted:

I'd also think that with that many people surviving the bombings you'd have a significant number of people familiar with technology and architecture and things wouldn't revert to stone age tribal society, but once again there's that tenuous relationship between The 100 and realism.

Not really though? I mean the grounder clans seem to at most be a couple of tens of thousand people and this is a 100 years after the bombs fell so they can't have been more than a few thousand at the start. So much of human knowledge is centered around transference of knowledge and complex production chains at this point that you'd pretty much have to have the survivors be a 100% tehcnicians, farmers, miners, engineers and chemists to stand any chance of keeping knowledge of the modern world actually worked surviving past the first generation.

Also, if we'd put them into an age it'd be the iron age, not stone. :colbert:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dalael posted:

Grudges are not easily forgotten. Peace is often a temporary measure while you prepare yourself for war.

I don't think anyone is arguing that a realist perspective isn't appliable here, just that the show could have gone about it in a better way.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dalael posted:

So I wait.

Personally I'll be satisfied if we get a "Basically, Pike" video next year.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

WarLocke posted:

e: If they were medical nanites why didn't they fix Lurch's face?

They caused Lurch's face. It's what the show has used to signpost so far with Lurch and the theifs brother that ALIE is in direct control.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

hollylolly posted:

Lurch and Emori's brother are mutated, just like Emori is with her lobster hand. So at the very least we do know that taking the (huge) pill with the infinity sign does not cure mutations.

We also know it doesn't cause mutations.

Am I seriously misremembering this? I'm sure that his face looked normal before he got pilled. :stare:

EDIT: Ah, it was covered up. I just assumed that was the gig after the Lurch and him appeared with a notably less deformed face in the city of light.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 22, 2016

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

hollylolly posted:

In the City of Light they appear in 'perfect' bodies. As I understand it, mutants tend to keep their mutations covered because they are pariahs.

I totally forgot about the mutation thing from last season so this went right past me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Spergatory posted:

Today, on 'things I can't believe I didn't notice sooner'; I always figured they were smashing the zeroes together in the logo because it looks cool--which, you know, it does-- but as it turns out, there might be more to it. When you smoosh two zeroes together, it just so happens to form a certain sacred symbol...

ALIE has been with us from the very beginning. :tinfoil:

...what

• Locked thread