Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I find it funny how many of Continuum's main cast we've had as Cameo's so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

Open Source Idiom posted:

Terry Chen was around at the start, Luvia Peterson back in the second season, Roger Cross last year, and Richard Harmon, of course.

Is there anyone else major I'm forgetting, or just other minor actors that pop up in everything Canadian?

Nope, those are also the ones I spotted.
Deeply disappointing we didn't get some real raw Garza in action though :(

Just started watching SE04, the whole reactors worldwide simultaneous meltdown after the "warranty" expires is ridiculous unfortunately.
Plenty of high tech systems have been functioning perfectly way beyond their designed life.
Also you'd think a nuclear power plant would rather shut down in a controlled fashion instead of melting down.

+ what have those plants been doing int he past 97 years? You can't just produce electricity if you have no users for it. Production needs to follow consumption very closely.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Yes, this

As a final threat this would have made ALIE a proper villain.
However they rather go with "no real villains, but all just different groups each with their own agenda's for survival".

ALIE really had no evil intentions, she just wanted to "save" everyone so they could live in the City of Light forever.

Quick question, i probably missed this : how active was ALIE before Jaha turned up?
I was under the impression she was mostly dormant until Jaha's escape pod/nuke landed.

Another great plotline would have been that ALIE was the only reason those reactors didn't blow up without any human supervision. Now that ALIE is gone they would blow up soon. (But in the series they already had blown up recently)

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Those drones must also have been really good housekeepers. That mansion was pretty clean after being deserted for so long.
Or maybe Igor was a really good butler. Also possible.

(pet peeve for every post apocalypse TV show. Everything is always way too clean)

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
It's like all those TV screens on the Ark. Or any other electronic appliance for that matter.
We all know those things tend to break like one WEEK after the warranty period is over.

(off course this equipment is all NASA/Military grade, but still)

Totally digging the show for all the brutal plot twists and genocides though.
There could also still be some other Ark Stations with survivors... more red shirts for Clarke to sacrifice.

(PS : do we have any named Farm station survivor at this point? Pike/Monty's Mommy all dead)

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
We also got a brief flash of some woman getting BBQ'd in Egypt.

I'm almost caught up in season 4 now... they just blew up the hydro machine. :rolleyes:

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

ShakeZula posted:

Well theoretically the same issues would affect all of Skaikru, so it's kind of a wash.

Well the Ark was spinning, and since they Arkadians had no problems adjusting to earth's gravity it spinned fast enough to generate 1G.
In the expanse most colonies are spinning to create a 0.3G field, which is described as pleasant.
Only the martian marines who often train at 1G have a chance to walk normally on earth. All others usually experience earth's gravity as pure torture (and is even used as such).

However thanks to *YA Magic* we won't need to worry about that. This show isn't about accuracy but is all about the plot!

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Pop Quiz :

Which actor of the main "sub 18 Teen original 100" cast is the oldest?

Looking in this myself right now, but watch out. It's a trick question.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Badly worded, sorry.... but 9?
At least i would have counted "42" as a valid answer.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

esperterra posted:

Well, I know Marie Avergopolous is like two or three years older than me, so I'll go with her.

Our Greek genes keep us young.

Well you are right.
Actor playing Bellamy is even older, but he doesn't count as being sub18 as officially he wasn't part of the 100.

As for the prisoner ship : I really hope they aren't going to introduce the original prisoners who have been napping for the past 100 years, just to obviously break out and behave like gangbangers.
But.... yeah they're totally going to do that aren't they?

Kind of funny they that it is logical that the prisoner ship lands just right next to Clarke, instead of like ANYWHERE else on the planet. Just a minute earlier Clarke said Raven should aim for the small green patch, as the rest of the planet is Fubar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Clarke is a lesbian princess and the fandom would lose their poo poo if they revealed she banged Bellamy in a closet or something.

Stop thinking in boxes please.

She's clearly bisexual.

• Locked thread