Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I started reading the tumblr and twitter craziness and holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hollylolly posted:

The Internet is terrible. :negative:

The horror.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was a pretty solid episode and shows that Kane really does believe what he's selling. And now Bellamy is conflicted as hell and hopefully he pulls his head on straight by the end of the season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Where the hell is Abby right now???

Confined to medical maybe?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dalael posted:

God I hope not. :pray:

AMC plans to runt he main show for a minimum of 10 seasons. Fear will probably be on the air just as long and they have a third spin off in the works as well.

It's never going to end.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

computer parts posted:

We kinda passed the peak of the zombie craze already though. Like yeah TWD is popular but outside of AMC there's like 2-3 other zombie shows, tops. Like imagine Law & Order but if there were only like two other cop shows outside of the Law & Order universe.

Every season of TWD seems to set a ratings record so I'd say the craze is still in full effect. This poo poo over Lexa? It's nothing. Imagine what's going to happen when Darryl dies.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bentacos posted:

The 100 will only end once our society is destroyed by an AI with nukes.

All of this has happened before...?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A while back I asked why there was no outrage when Arrow killed off Sarah Lance in season 3. Well tonight I was told that since she banged Oliver her lesbianism "didn't count." But not she's alive again and 100% lesbian so she totally counts again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
WB made that statement about pushing off the availability of their shows for Netflix didn't they? They want their own streaming service.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bellamy is conflicted. He wanted to be the leader but when it became clear that he wasn't the man for the job he moved aside and followed Clarke. Then the adults made it down, they went to war with Mount Weather and Clarke abandoned him. Kane wasn't the man he remembered from the Ark so he fell in behind the person who reminded him of Ark life and who seemed to want to do what was best for the Arkers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Crunk Abortion posted:

Seriously though why the gently caress would anyone in TVIV not have enraged camel on their ignore list?

Because his bullshit posting is so loving hilarious?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So the Walking Dead killed off a lesbian this week, is the internet on fire again or do they only care if they're "hot"?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Troposphere posted:

yeah people are super pissed about it. vanity fair wrote another article about it.

I haven't seen a peep anywhere like last time which is why I asked.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Troposphere posted:

all the lesbian blogs I follow are super mad and have been posting about it nonstop. I think there's less outrage because they didn't really have the lgbt fanbase like the 100 did but wow talk about bad timing on twd's part haha

Ah. Well I don't follow any sexuality specific blogs which might be why I haven't seen the outcry.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hollylolly posted:

I like the "Two Lesbians Enter, One Lesbian Leaves" but it's been made very clear that Clarke doesn't count as a lesbian because she's just part time. Which, okay, yes, I understand the difference between a bisexual woman and a lesbian woman but on the other hand she's had more sex with girls than boys on the show, and I am not actually starting the conversation again what am I doing someone please stop me help help So what about that crazy Jaha, huh?

The second she kisses Belamy the internet is going to explode again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Am I seeing things or did they leave all the Grounder bodies lying around outside the fences?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Troposphere posted:

every one of your goddamned posts

I'm just curious, are you incapable of ending your posts with a period?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Well I can't speak for the rest of the thread but when people post on these forums without a care for proper punctuation or sentence structure it makes it incredibly hard to take anything they say seriously. If you want us to be sympathetic to the things that this show is doing that upset you, try structuring your posts a little better. This isn't Tumblr.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BabyFur Denny posted:

The people you are trying to communicate with.

Exactly. I'm sure she has plenty of valid things to add to the discussion but I'm pretty much blowing her off as a tumblr warrior because of her inability to post like an adult.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dalael posted:

You're wrong about her having valid things to add to the discussion, just like you're wrong to dismiss her for such a stupid reason. Language changes all the time. People two hundred years ago could say the same thing about the way we write today.
Stop being a grammar nazi.

When exactly did we decide that periods are no long needed? I was unaware that language had made that change this week.

It's not an unreasonable request that everyone be held to the same standard, hell it used to be a rule here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spergatory posted:

My only real disagreement with Lincoln's death was the excessive detail they showed it in. It's not that I'm morally opposed to that sort of thing, it's just that it seemed weird and jarring and largely unnecessary. It was powerful enough when we saw it from a distance, the same way Octavia did. The close-ups and the poorly-rendered gore spilling out of his head just distracted and detracted from the emotional impact of the scene, rather than adding to it. Sometimes less is more, you know?

I would put money on it being Rothenberg's final "gently caress you" to the actor.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dalael posted:

My point is, if you're going to dismiss her, do it because she believes that Twitter is a great platform to express her opinions about anything. Or because she thinks that lgbt characters in a post apocalyptic show should have mysterious plot armor. Her opinions are lovely enough as it is without having to pick on lacks of period at the end of a sentence.

Despite having bad opinions she has added quite a bit to the discussion and I have actually learned things from her posts that I was unaware of.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dalael posted:

You're right. I was just being an rear end.

To be fair, I was as well in my initial post about it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Murphy is absolutely going to be the Commander's consort. Even if she isn't really the Commander.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WarLocke posted:

He'd also be placed well to blow the whistle on her when Clarke shows up with a chip-implanted Luna.

He does like his own head.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The only thing Murphy probably has to worry about is being rode hard and put away wet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
poo poo's coming to a head, how many episodes we got left this season?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TMMadman posted:

I think there are 16 episodes this season, just like season 2. So 6 more?

For some reason I thought there were 20 but I knew that was wrong.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looks like Octavia is done playing Warrior Princess.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pahuyuth posted:

Lindsey Morgan (Raven) is just a beast of an actress, goddamn. She just kills it every time.

I feel like we're watching the start of something great with her.

enraged_camel posted:

One obvious difference between ALIE 1.0 and ALIE 2.0 is that the former's chip can be ingested, whereas the latter's chip has to "choose" the host.

I wonder if this is because there's only one 2.0 chip, and it wants to make sure it doesn't settle down inside a loser, or if there's another reason they haven't touched on yet.

And yet somehow the "key" chips they ingest still end up at the back of the neck.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kwyndig posted:

It looks like they dissolve into the bloodstream and then excrete themselves out as circuitry. The Commander chip had those tentacle things instead.

Still, you ingest it and it ends up at the back of your neck, the same place the C Chip was.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Astroman posted:

Clarke has been kinda sidelined this season. Granted, in universe it was her own choice, because she walked away from her people and went to wander the Earth like Caine (not Kane). But yeah, she's been stuck in the B plot for awhile.

It's clearly a D.

Boob joke.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Crunk Abortion posted:

Dude, no. Just no.

Eliza Taylor probably has trouble fitting into an F cup. Those things are loving massive.

I am not a good assessor of boob sizes. I can't imagine how much her back hurts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Eliza is just loving gorgeous. It certainly doesn't make watching this show a chore. Hell the main reason I tuned in was my 20 year crush on Paige Turco.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Johnny Truant posted:

Because of the live action TMNT movies, like me!? :circlefap:

drat straight bro. Even now she's still beautiful.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this? posted:

It would be pretty cool if they linked the Commander thing into the Allie network and just a stream of past Commanders started loving poo poo up. City of Light vs City of Fight.

I'm pretty sure this is close to what will happen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it. I think Monte either has or is going to take the key just so he can be with his mom again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TMMadman posted:

I really liked how even though her friends were dying, Clarke waited forever until she used the Alie 2.0 chip on Emerson.

She probably just thought of it right then and there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Troposphere posted:

it's real fun to see people jump through hoops to try and explain the ratings drop. first it was basketball, then it was oh well the debates were on at the same time, then oh well Chicago got the episode on Sunday, now it's because that's just what happens don't question it.

whatever helps you sleep at night I guess?

You used punctuation.

I am so proud of you right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xoidanor posted:

That's true for all TV IV threads.

Except for the iZombie thread.

• Locked thread