Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The big fight was good and tense because it really could have gone either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, the Pike stuff might have been easier to swallow if he didn't just come out of nowhere as a character nobody ever mentioned before and was all "yes, I am super important and everyone respects me." Especially bad with an anti-authority person like Bellamy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Call me crazy but I think right after an attack is probably the worst time to hold an election.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, we massacred those people who thought they were on our side!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Troposphere posted:

oh my god Bellamy

gently caress you Bellamy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

They began shooting the season in July, so if she was she'd have to have announced it by now.

I guess that means Lincoln is definitely a goner seeing as he's spending this summer shooting American Gods.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Monty is going to die because of his murder mom.

Troposphere posted:

I wish they'd bang already

Not so great combination of posts.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Cool, so now these genocidal assholes are going to be up in arms "ARGH the grounders murdered one of our own I told you they were all savages ARGHH" when they were only there in the first place because they were going to literally massacre their village.

They fought back! That's not fair!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey look, Murphy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh snaaaaaap!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder if this means the Commander stuff is more literal than we thought seeing as it could be some ALIE 2.0 poo poo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ROGER CROSS is the original Commander. Canadian TV law has finally been satisfied by his appearance.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Uhhh, whut?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Time to rip out the implant.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gj Bellamy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pike is just the worst.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh no, Mr Gaeta, this didn't work out so well for you last time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DUDE KISS

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It would be pretty cool if they linked the Commander thing into the Allie network and just a stream of past Commanders started loving poo poo up. City of Light vs City of Fight.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

The problem with Pike is that his rise-to-power arc hinged entirely on the background army of redshirts who have been pretty much invisible and expendable for the entirety of the show. It's like there was a plot that happened entirely off-screen, and we only saw a couple of minutes of it at the end. That's not compelling storytelling, that's just clumsiness.

Yeah, he was elected by a group of people who basically don't exist on the show. Something I think they really should have played up more for Bellamy is the Ice Kingdom girl who lead them into the trap at Polis. They really should have had Bellamy reference that more as part of his new distrust of Grounders. Like have him say "This Grounder who's life (he) saved turned right around and betrayed them, we can't trust any of them." Instead he just kind of blustered whenever anyone brought it up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Personally the thing I found most ridiculous was the reveal that the show has taken place over less than 6 months. Especially since you have to take into consideration that there was that month-ish gap between 2 and 3.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't think it's an STD.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I could see the first season not being very long but there's no way 2-3 have been over that less than 6 month period just from how much Arkadia was built up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Iron Rose posted:

actually stupid question, what happened to monty, raven, and the b team again because i legit can't remember

well that or she seduces luna, which is what i hope for personally

They stayed behind in Arkadia after Raven said there would be safe there as Allie wouldn't go back there.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ufarn posted:

ALIE knows Emerson is dead, so I take it that was a hint that one of the people in the decon room is chipped?

Or did ALIE somehow find out, because Clarke chipped him with 2.0?

It would have to be Harper since she's the only one that wasn't in the room for the hacking.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Makes sense, he is off of Black Sails so he has plenty of time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The biggest problem I had with the season was definitely all the Pike stuff. It was a huge misstep to offload all this stuff on a character that had never appeared or even been mentioned before. Like they would have been better off putting it all on a minor/side character who had already been on the show like Jackson or Sinclair. Characters who were around but could be modified to fit in to a new position by revealing/retconning more of their backstory. Or hell, bring back the lady who crashed the escape ship from season 1, that would have been a better villain.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CW is premiering some stuff super late so it'll probably hit around the same time as iZombie (in April.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zzulu posted:

All the cities of the world got overgrown in 100 years to the point where you can't even see them anymore. All humans reverted instantly back to tribal states. All guns vanished except the ones the 100 suddenly found in barrels or whatever. All technology vanished. Grounders seem to not remember anything even though the world ended just 100 years ago so it's almost even still in living memory. In these 100 years, animals have evolved to become monsters because of ~radiation~

Guns didn't vanish. Mount Weather told the Grounders if they ever caught them using guns they would blow up villages.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It isn't like we've seen anything to say that grounder culture is everywhere. We've only seen this small area of the East coast of the US.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Remember how a monster dude showed up at the end of an episode? And then nothing ever happened with him again?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Ugh Bellamy is still alive . Okay Season 2 opener "Welcome to the VAULT CITIZEN".

I do like how Kane changed I thought for sure he was involved but now at the end of the season he's a alright guy.

One thing I really liked about Kane was how in the first season you think he's a bad guy but then he freaks out when he learns that he killed all those people for nothing you realize that he's actually a good guy who was just trying to figure out a bad situation.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Pike stuff last season was so terrible. While I could buy that the characters would all know this guy who we haven't seen before its just bad TV to do something like that.

Although I guess in hindsight the election bit turned out to be a little prophetic.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yes, once the show actually starts airing the CW app will have it up day after, with commercials. The commercials aren't too bad but you will see pretty much the same ones every break.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think they should stop subtitling the Grounder talk, it is pretty much completely understandable as is now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

With the way that scene was edited at first I was sure they weren't actually going to show Lincoln

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm really not sure where this show is going, like could they really spend even just one season completely stuck in the bunker? Because they really aren't doing anything to stop Primefire from coming.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was so sure we were going to go full Hunger Games with Illian but then he gets an arrow to the neck and just kind of dies.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Poor Zach McGowan. He just keeps dying. Although this was cool nothing could top the way he went out on Black Sails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, they were also incredibly vague about who actually got into the Bunker at the end of last week's episode.

• Locked thread