Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

also lol if you think that Arkadia would stand a chance or even win against the grounders after tonight's episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WarLocke posted:

... So are we supposed to think that the 'night blood' stuff is actually the AI 2.0 suspended in blood? And perhaps the 'First Commander' was this Becky that went into space to get away from ALIE?

Because holy drat that last scene. :catstare:

That's my theory too.

Kegslayer posted:

Were they actually intending to join up though?

I was kind of surprised that ALIE didn't know about the 13th Station given she was pre-war.

I think the implication about what's happened so far is:

Chris, Becca and whoever the guys were that moved Chris' body created an AI to help people/solve a problem.

ALIE determines that the best course of action is just to wipe out humanity. Becca locks her up and then fucks off to space station 13 to restart the project and find a way of stopping ALIE.

Chris gets tricked by ALIE's City of Light stuff, frees her and nukes fly everywhere. The other stations want to hook up but Becca isn't sure that they're under ALIE's influence so she convinces a bunch of astronauts to blow up the station and fly back to earth.

Their prolonged exposure to radiation allows them to survive the new Earth and with their gear, they build and establish the 12 clans making sure to keep their weapons and society low tech to ensure that ALIE will no longer be able to control them. Becca becomes the first Commander and starts a cult/society of advisors like Titus who will always know the full truth.

The initial astronauts that came down with Becca are all inoculated against ALIE and their descendants become the Nightbloods. I don't think they're plugged into the City of Light 2.0 but I think Titus is and we'll see an episode from his perspective (such as when he confronts Clarke) where he's holding two conversations at once.

From what I understood, the one of the 12 stations blew up the 13th one as a statement to the rest of the group. Join up or get hosed.

"Blowing a space station out of the sky to get others to join isn't exactly an inspirational unity day story" - Jaha

Rest of the post is speculation so who knows.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 28, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I know that. But they used some type of the Acid Fog from Mt Weather. So I wondered where they got it.

That's not even the biggest question. We saw the grounders using some sort of device that allowed them to propel sticks over great distances. It looked like a bigger flexible stick that was curved in a crescent shape. There was a piece of string connecting the two ends. Not only that, but these sticks that they were launching were on fire.

Just how much technology did Emerson give them?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Titus owns super hard. Best new char by far.

AI plot owns. I wonder what the AI chip even does for the commander, besides make them pussywhipped.

I want the final showdown to be Jaha and Titus in a debate.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Spergatory posted:

There's already an interview out there where Jason was basically like "GUYS, SHE WAS ON ANOTHER SHOW. It was literally impossible to get her for more than seven episodes. What the gently caress was I supposed to do, have Clarke make out with a cardboard cutout of Alycia Debnam-Carey?"

That would've been funny. or idk send her off to Ice Nation to strengthen their bond or something. She didn't have to die.

No more Bitanic :(

FourLeaf posted:

Just wanted to drop in for the first time to see the reaction to tonight's ep. I kind of admire JRoth for trolling so hard. Tumblr's freaking out. I honestly can't blame them- it feels cheap. As for myself, this kind of killed the small amount of interest I still had in the show. Oh well, time to move on.

lol

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Mar 4, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Troposphere posted:

as a lesbian I think it's super lovely and gross to kill the lesbian less than five minutes after she had sex with the main character in the dumbest way possible. Lexa's death was projected like crazy but I thought for sure they would give her a send off worthy of her character, have her go down fighting for something she believed in, not rehash Tara from Buffy's lameass death.

Do you think the reaction from tumblr would have been better or worse if she died to Roan during their duel? Killed by a MAN

also you guys still have Miller and his boyfriend. Miller owns.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hollylolly posted:

Lexa gets cancer/sick and dies slowly for the rest of the season?

Lexa being killed in battle by Skaikru would deepen the divide between Skaikru and the Grounders. Lexa being assassinated does the same thing. Lexa just disappearing doesn't make any sense at all for her character or the story.

Lexa was killed by accident by her trusted spiritual advisor who now will be more open to her Blood Must Not Have Blood view as carried on in the next Commander. :shrug: Titus is a really interesting character and is probably the only person with enough authority with the Grounders to enforce what Lexa's wishes would be regarding Clarke and Skaikru until the next commander ascends, and will be advising that commander when they come into power (which is probably next episode).

Lexa should've lead the coalition army into battle with Arkadia then died. Bonus if Abby killed her :twisted:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WarLocke posted:

This thread is honestly hilarious right now.

Someone actually made this :lol:

totally not lady boners though :laugh:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kegslayer posted:

I think Pike is the Chancellor most true to Skykru values and beliefs though.

Skykru are a group of hardcore survivalists with all the focus, foresight, pragmatism and ingenuity of a colony of resource starved astronauts. It'd make sense that Pike and the others easily identify what some of Arkadia's long term problems are, such as the lack of food and defensible terrain, and be happy to do whatever it takes to achieve those goals. Like others have pointed out, Arkadia's current safety and security depended on the word of a single girl. The other grounders were happy to kill them all without a thought and unless Arkadia can secure their position in the world with force, it's just a matter of time before they get wiped out.

The children might not have developed that mindset yet but the adults should definitely be willing Pike voters that just wanted to protect a future for their children and their children's children.

The problem is that none of it really comes across and they've been all like, lol grounders aren't even people, let's kill then all!

Arkadia definitely should have moved into Mt Weather. gently caress the grounders. We took it, we are keeping it. Don't like it? Tough poo poo.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Astroman posted:

Yeah, after seeing how the Ark got started and what they did to Polaris right out of the gate, Pike is pretty much being true to his heritage and upbringing. Arkers were also the people who forced Octavia's parents to make her live in the floorboards, floated people for whatevs, sent their own children to Earth to probably die, and did wacky poo poo like asphyxiate a huge percentage of their population. Sounds like Pike is on the Ark Program. Kane in particular seems to have evolved beyond that.

You act like they did this stuff for fun. They legitimately thought they were the last people alive and had to do everything to conserve resources so they could survive another hundred? years so the radiation levels were low enough to have the planet be hospitable.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

It's spelled tribadism.

:golfclap:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WarLocke posted:

It's not that they're lesbians.

It's that they're crazy.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Spergatory posted:

The people who call him racist think that establishing death should've been Jasper.

:agreed: Though even he noticed freaky mind wipe city. Apparently ALIE also uses brain power as processing power. Or something.

Pike is cartoonishly evil. Pike and Monty's mom need to die horrible deaths. Bellamy too

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

qbert posted:

This whole season has been about two groups killing each other "just because". At least I understood the motivations behind the conflicts during the first two seasons. This season is just everyone going, "Well, we could all get along and share resources...nnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh."

so just like in real life

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Troposphere posted:

I'm not surprised, lexa fans were a
pretty huge part of the viewership.

Note: CBS and The CW had pre-emptions in several markets for college basketball.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Troposphere posted:

apparently at a con Ricky whittle called Jason rothenberg a bitch, bully, and a muppet and said he purposefully locked his character up this season so he didn't have to give him screen time. I'm glad he's getting off the show and going to be a lead in American Gods, he seems like a good guy.

the actress who plays Raven has been revealing some crazy poo poo too this is getting nuts

haha Jason sounds like a real piece of poo poo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Spergatory posted:

The ratings went to a series low the episode after Lexa died. And not even barely; Thursday's ratings were a 1.20. The next three lowest-rated episodes were 1.32, 1.34, and 1.36-- all within .02 points of each other, and then followed by a gulf that is six times that. By Nielsen standards, that is huge, especially considering the series's ratings aren't that great to begin with. "WELL THAT DOESN'T NECESSARILY MEAN--" No, it doesn't, but given the massive uproar and air of fan discontent surrounding the show that is still continuing well over a week after the incident in question, the evidence strongly loving implies it. I mean, you are going out of your way to postulate different possibilities as to why the building is on fire when there is a dude standing at the end of a trail of gas with an empty gas can and a burned out match right loving there. It's entirely possible that he didn't start the fire, but given the circumstances, I feel like he at least needs to be hauled in for questioning, don't you?

it was pre-empted by basketball. it would have been interesting to see the drop without that.

cbs and the cw were pre-empted. both had lower ratings than normal.

Azhais posted:

Or is she no longer available because she knew she was going to be killed off?

lol

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 14, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'll never forget Mt Weather :911:

All that sweet pre-war tech, lost forever.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Troposphere posted:

yeah

I think it would have helped a lot to just show the election and give the arkers a bit of a voice to really show how perceptions have changed because of the mt. weather incident.

Yea, a flashback to farm station and their first 3 months / election episode would have been nice.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Antifreeze Head posted:

Apparently there are still eight or nine episodes to go this season? Have we met the group that is going to get genocided yet? Or will Clarke turn on her own people and demolish all of Arkadia with an apocalyptic killdozer?

We have already met Arkadia :twisted:

I hope they die.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Clarke is right that their succession plan is really stupid. Get all the rare blooded kids and have them battle royale to the death.

Haha Murphy peeping the new commander.

:rip: Titus and Lincoln

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I hope the show addresses the ridiculously short lifespan of the commanders. Titus said he served 4 commanders before(including?) Lexa and he doesn't look that old. The AI chip probably has a ton of stupid teens in it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

its already been renewed for season 4

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Spergatory posted:

I'm laughing so loving hard. A clip of the next episode has been released and it features Murphy as a literal sex slave, with a chain and collar and everything. This show will not rest until every single horrible thing that can happen to a person happens to Murphy and he DGAFs his way through all of it.

Death by snu snu.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

What an episode. Alie and Jaha are perfect for each other. Borg Arkadia will spread across the land and bring peace to everything.

Murphy as fake flamekeeper continues to own.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

oh jay posted:

Murphy should narrate the opening from now on.

Well Murphy has to pick between crabclaw mutant who would betray him for more loot or crazypants commander who would have him killed for more power.

Just another day for the ol Murphster. I bet he wishes he was back in the swag bunker.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"So we could live. And because you can row." :twisted:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That poo poo with Raven was horrifying :stonk: Alie taunting everyone was loving hilarious. Dropping some serious truth bombs.

Octavia laying the verbal smackdown on Bellamy was nice. Please die horribly Bellamy. You too Jasper. No one cares about your whiny poo poo and the girlfriend you knew for like a week.

TMMadman posted:

Poor Monty. :(

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sinclair :( They need to start introducing new background chars soon or the supply of them that they can kill off will and expect the audience to know who they were will run out soon.

Haha Murphy. You had to get laid again didn't you? Now look what happened. Not only did Murphy bang Jaha and Monty's mom, he banged EVERYONE in the city of light. At the same time.

raditts posted:

I didn't care much for this episode. It seemed like a very roundabout way of writing Emerson off the show once and for all, and also we'll kill off Sinclair because why not.
That shot of Alie sitting in the big chair with Crazy Fake Commander as her servant was pretty boss though. How many episodes do we have left until the season finale, and with it, Clarke's next genocide?

Yea that was awesome. Flanked by crazy Jaha as her prophet.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

VagueRant posted:

So there was a way bigger dip after episode 3?

Clearly Lexa died in 3x01, then 3x03 and again on 3x07

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Monicro posted:

I'm no expert on TV ratings or anything, but when the TV world is buzzing for weeks about how people are Pissed about a thing happening and you see a literal graph displaying that indeed lots of people stopped watching immediately after it, and you're still cracking jokes about how the thing didnt matter and the people who cared are a microscopic minority on the internet, maybe take a step or two back

also

Monicro posted:

"I've decided on my viewpoint and I'm going to defend it"-style arguing.

:ironicat:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol Clarke trying to make Bellamy feel better.

I still can't think of a reason why then chancellor Jaha didn't send Pike down with the kids.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WarLocke posted:

Clarke will be crying and begging HeadLexa not to go right before she detonates a virtual bomb in the City of Light, wiping both AIs clean and clearing the way forward for humanity to rebuild :unsmigghh: the mole people to invade

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I did like that Alie was smart enough to have a mole in the prisoners.

Hahah Luna turning the tables on Clarke.

Spergatory posted:

I really admire that Monty didn't even think of trying any of that pussy "you do it" poo poo. He killed his mom the first time and he'll drat well do it the second time, psychological devastation be damned.

Monty is hardcore as gently caress.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Astroman posted:

What rocket? Does Mt Wx still have a functional ICBM?

Also I'd totally forgot there was a piece of The Ark still in orbit--but of course that was where Jaha was.

That piece of the Ark also has more nukes on it :getin:

or did Jaha ride the last one down? I can't remember.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Spergatory posted:

Nah, I think Monty's gonna shoot Jasper. Because Monty's plot this season is apparently. "shoot everyone you love."

This is the only way it can end. He will shoot Jasper but 3 seconds later ALIE will die and Jasper will get a monologue to emotionally scar Monty even more.

Also I hope Octavia still has some of that Pike hate for Bellamy. Because it seems like everyone is forgetting what a huge fucker he is.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

VagueRant posted:

I am sad that Bellamy escaped death yet again. When the pod people said they were going to kill him first I was like "oh good".

I lust for Bellamy death. The second ALIE is defeated, I hope Indra kills Pike and Bellamy.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Octavia you are the worst. How could you leave without killing your shitheel brother too?

So in 6 months everyone will be dead from leaking nuclear power plants. Not that they would be any better in the city of light. :rip: humanity

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

RumbleFish posted:

That was...pretty disappointing. The core dilemma was basically a repeat of Mt. Weather, except not as dramatic or well-written. "Pull this lever to save your people, but wait, there are consequences!!" The nuke thing seems really contrived, too; how is there even an extinction-worthy amount left after ALIE lit the Earth up like a birthday cake the first time around? I dunno, I'm not feeling it. There were some fun parts but it was otherwise quite anticlimactic for a finale, IMO.

:agreed:

And it wasn't even really saving humanity. You can either live forever(or until the power runs out) in the city of light while your physical body dies from radiation poisoning or be free for a few months then die from radiation poisoning.

for the radiation thing: it was just old nuclear power plants / radioactive stockpiles that were leaking after centuries without maintenance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rurea posted:

Where was Jaha getting his unlimited supply of chips from? Did they ever address that?

They had a chip maker.

• Locked thread