Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bellamy is responsible for a lot of deaths on the ship for breaking the radio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Boogaleeboo posted:

Yeah, but that poo poo isn't a light switch. It's not "Ok, now we can act like people again!" and suddenly they understand ... the internal combustion engine.

According to the trailer this actually happens.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

OK!! Lets start the Clarke season 3 body count pool. I'm going with 500 minimum.

Did you post this on a phone? It looks like your auto-correct changed million to minimum.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're supposed to. You hear it several times before seeing it written.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Snak posted:

Honestly, I bet if the nuke gets used by people, it's to take out the AI. Like the AI is trying to use it as a failsafe to allow it to be the architect of a new society, and Clarke is like gently caress that and Raven finds a way to rig it to blow and take the AI with it.

Turning a nuke into an EMP is tradition.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Or it's mechanically impossible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Comedy just means not tragedy!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Basement People. Undergrounders.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wow. I looked up the stuff with Steve Talley (Wick) when I saw the posts, and drat.

Just tons of racist, sexist, homophobic etc. tweets. You have to be pretty dumb to put that on Twitter when you're on TV. Or in general, but especially on TV.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How long did Octavia actually spend with Indra? Like a week?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The official word is that he's a busy guy so they didn't bring him back this season.

A lot of people who work on the show knew about the stuff he posted and some defended him a few times, so even if that's why he was tossed they can't just admit it.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jan 26, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Drowning isn't her specialty. It wouldn't have come up much on the Ark.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Octavia is hilarious.

She spent like a week and a half with Indra and now she's always talking about the Ark people as 'them' and how she doesn't belong.

It's the old college spring break coming back with an accent joke. I'd almost think it was intentional, but it seems to be played straight.

zoux posted:

Usually people wrongly apply the term "fridging" broadly to the death of any female character but that was pretty much the textbook definition of it.

Of course, if you didn't know she was dead meat the second she appeared on screen you've never seen a CW show. Teen idol heartthrob male leads don't get into actual relationships off screen. At least she had kind of a badass death.

Technically not, because it won't serve to motivate Bellamy since he wanted to murderize everyone already.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Octavia lived under the loving floorboards. She was hosed up from the beginning and took to the ground better than most of the Arkers. Of course she found the Grounders to be kindred spirits, the Arkers hated her and she hated most of them.

But she doesn't actually follow any of their beliefs or culture or anything. She can't really, because it's all so tied in to growing up on the ground. She likes the way they dress and fight.

It should be a plot point, culture appropriation in a world with only 2 cultures.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I didn't say Octavia wanting to be a Grounder (or more specifically, not an Arker) didn't make sense, it's the time frame that makes it funny.

She actually did become a badass basically overnight. All her dialogue this season so far is as if she grew up with them when the show's time frame means she could only have been with them for like 2 weeks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a coalition between the 12 clans, but they're all under Lexa.

Even though she's from the Tree Clan and Polis is physically located there, I don't think she's considered their day to day leader. That appears to be Indra.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wandle Cax posted:

Yeah it's been like 3 months between season 2 and 3. I guess some people don't pay much attention to the details.

That's now. Everything with Octavia's training was during like 3 episodes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Boogaleeboo posted:

That's odd. Wonder how that worked out. Everything else is basically named after what it always was, it's not like "Tondc" is what they call Richmond. At least living in Baltimore explains why they are so poo poo at running things.

Before the bombs fell, all the violence led to the establishment of the Baltimore Police State. Hence the no weapons signs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The degenerate radioactive mutants would obviously be in Jersey.

It wouldn't even be from the bombs or anything. Jersey survived completely intact.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A long lasting peace none of them accept, except Indra.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tumblr has called the show racist for 3 years now.

I'm not sure if there's a specific thing that started it, but it's been a thing apparently.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bellamy has always been dumb. I think everyone let a half season where his sadistic rear end in a top hat goals were aligned with the good characters distract you from what he is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I would think if Roan had won, Indra wouldn't follow an attack command on Arcadia.

Of course that doesn't matter to Pike.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The City of Light only exists so that it will be possible for Clarke to kill someone twice.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Am I correct in that Clarke hasn't actually killed anyone yet this season?

She has tried twice unsuccessfully.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did TFR find this show this season?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I get thinking Pike is right (or at least I get why some people who are wrong would) but to think they could actually win is silly.

There's no conflict if Arkadia has nothing to worry about. The show's whole thing is conflict 24/7.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Something's going to happen to piss Octavia off, and during the night she's going to lead them through the back door. The episode will end with a montage of the Grounders taking out Pike's people in their sleep.

With a really bad cover of "Enter Sandman" playing over it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarLocke posted:

It's just so infuriating that someone decided to write Pike as literally loving autistic and unable to realize that 'the Grounders' aren't one big monolithic group, and then all the stupid poo poo we're dealing with comes from that spiraling out of control.

I mean Pike shouldn't have been an option for Chancellor to begin with. He'd just tried to start a war for christ's sake. "Oh, you want to vote for Pike? That's nice, I guess your vote's not getting counted, you can sit down now."

Doesn't seem that outlandish, there's at least a few posters in this thread doing the same thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Snak posted:

But on the show, it's not as clear-cut whether the technological advantages the Arker's have will allow them to survive a war where they are outnumbered 500 to 1, completely surrounded, and with limited food and water.

Well, all the protagonists are saying Arkadia wouldn't survive it and the ones who think they can are the antagonists, so as far as TV is concerned that means they'd lose.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Koirhor posted:

Is Clarke's actress Pregnant? Just curious

They began shooting the season in July, so if she was she'd have to have announced it by now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

I guess that means Lincoln is definitely a goner seeing as he's spending this summer shooting American Gods.

It's looking pretty telegraphed that Pike is going to do something to Lincoln.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

One thing I wish the show did a better job of is ground itself more in North American geography. I mean, the nuclear war was only a hundred years ago. Surely the survivors should still refer to places by name, based on old maps, and come across ruined cities?

Yeah they use a subway map or whatever as an actual map, but none of the names.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I assume they're actual medical nanobots or something, because it wasn't just pain, she couldn't fully use the leg. She was moving her knee around after taking it though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They have the Matrix, stitching together some bone doesn't seem too crazy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pike did 9/11. Arkadians knew.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

I just want a reveal that if you go like as far west as Chicago the civilized world still exists and is blissfully unaware of everything happening in DC

This is basically how Trump is happening right now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Commander had to die for the season arc, obviously.

Therefore the mistake was making her gay.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In any case, it's not really an argument for this thread, no?

The show was pretty justified from both production and storytelling standpoints. If people want to argue the larger issue, it's not going to get anywhere here because most of the posters here just want to talk about this show.

Now ignoring all that stuff, god drat. It took them a little longer than previous seasons to get there but just when it felt like a season 3 curse was coming on the crazy poo poo hits a whole bunch of fans.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Troposphere posted:

that's kind of a lovely thing to say

It's your loving logic you just used 3 posts before he said it!

Fear the Walking Dead is unmitigated poo poo.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Mar 7, 2016

• Locked thread