Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I'm probably going back to school this fall, assuming it doesn't take for-loving-ever for the VA to process my survivor's educational benefits (it probably will).

Older vets, remember this rule: (Your age/2)+7 = youngest you can date without being creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

brb emigrating to Norway

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I ought to look into going to that gunsmithing college in Pennsylvania instead of getting a degree.

I might have enough benefits to do both though.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I'm thinking about going back to school this fall and I'll be living with my parents and pulling that GI Bill money.

I mean, the BAH in this area is poo poo but it's better than nothing.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

TheQuietWilds posted:

I get why people do this from a money perspective, but I don't get why people do it from a "don't be a loving scrub" perspective. Once you've lived adulthood, going back and living with your parents is the worst. Unless you live in a college town associated with a huge state school, just don't. Even then, probably don't. Apply to good schools at least an hour from home. It's kind of pathetic when college kids go home every weekend, it's just silly when adults live at home when they aren't forced to. GI Bill is enough to live wherever a school is.

Because my life has fallen apart in the most dramatic fashion possible and I don't think living alone is a good idea?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

living alone isn't good. what if you choke on something? without a life alert pendent, you're hosed.

I was concerned about my mental and emotional state, but now I'm worried about you choking on the next dick you suck.

Hope you'll be okay.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Mike-o posted:

His wife killed herself you stupid gently caress.

Goddamnit, you ruined the big reveal.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

its a joke, retards.

Is that what the doctor said when you were born?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Are you honestly in a good enough way to add school to your plate?

Something to honestly consider. School is always gonna be there, take your time. Grief stuff is a real doozy.

That's a valid concern. I'm going to get the ball rolling so that if I am doing well enough by the time classes start, I can go ahead and start. August is a ways off.

But honestly, if I'm not well enough for college I'm probably not well enough for even a menial job and I need something resembling an income.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
According to my email, I've been accepted for the fall semester. Yaaay.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Got a letter in the mail today from the VA with my certificate of eligibility for Post-911 GI Bill benefits at 60%.

It's just too drat bad that's not what I applied for. I applied for the Fry Scholarship which provides 100% benefits for military survivors.

loving VA can't even see what loving piece of paper I submitted.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Spoke with the VA today. I was all "I applied for the Fry Scholarship. It's a completely different form than Chapter 33 GI Bill, but I got my CoE for my Chapter 33 benefits."

They were all "yeah, that's weird. I'll kick it back and have them look at it again. Call us back in five business days."

I should have my loving Senator on speed dial by this point, goddamn.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

NTT posted:

I like how all the poo poo involving your wife has you being indecisive on calling your senator but one instance with this being the last straw, of all things

Burn the va to the ground

Oh, no, I'm cataloging everything into a "this is all broken and it needs to be razed the ground" tome of misery and dread. I made the decision to write it weeks ago and I've been refining and adding to it as needed. I never contacted my senator before because what would have been the point? Things got resolved, it just took extra effort. Then I realized everything was coalescing into a crystal made of incompetence, indifference, and feces.

A copy is going to my congressman, both senators, the Chief of Staff of the Army (he sent me his business card in his condolence note, so he's getting contacted), and the Secretary of the Army (who hand-wrote a note of condolence on the typewritten one. Pretend to care, get dragged into the mess, rear end in a top hat).

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Sometimes you have to jump through more hoops than usual, though.

Still waiting for them to unfuck my Fry Scholarship application.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Casimir Radon posted:

Apparently the acronym is up to LGBTQIA+ now.

LGBTQIDGAF

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Grem posted:

Today I got a letter from the VA saying I was being underpaid since the first of the year and will now be paid about $300 more. It didn't mention backpay. There's loving backpay right?!

Ought to be. If there isn't, raise hell.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
The amount they're sending me is confusing. Based on the whole "monthly pay/30*days enrolled" I'm getting more than I should for just straight up BAH but less than BAH+kicker.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Soulex posted:

Does/did anyone take Italian?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRskvLyCoU0

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Soulex posted:

Not Mcnally.

Seriously. They didn't even do my GI Bill benefits right this time around. Though I didn't have to involve a congresscritter, so in that context it went pretty smoothly.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Casimir Radon posted:

So the sidewalk is all chalked up with "Take Back the Night" stuff. "Stop Violence" was immediately followed by "Kill the Patriarchy", "gently caress the Patriarchy" was a couple down from that. :ironicat:

Did someone chalk "yes please" after that last one?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Done with finals! I think I managed a B in everything.

Which is a miracle, considering my mood started slipping around October and I phoned everything in.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

my mental plane is an F-105 Thunderchief

Thuds forever

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Soulex posted:

I get irrationally indignant too. My dad calls it a "righteous justice" cause if I feel like I have been wronged or someone I care about has, I don't quit.

People that have morals or a conscious tend to get it too. So, like maybe you and me but probably no one else. Maybe Mustang because he is a youngin'. Definitely not McNally after what he went through. He could get into animal sacrifice and I wouldn't bat an eye.

If animal sacrifice could have gotten me a few extra points on my econ final for all As this semester, I'd have gladly started tossing kittens into a furnace or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
gently caress yeah.

• Locked thread