Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I hate the required theater of applying to jobs.

Your resume just doesn't look good. Like, here let me hold them up at arm's length and then tell me which one you would hire? "Uhh, the one that's actually done the job and knows his poo poo? God drat why do you care about fonts that aren't wingdings?"

Did you email the recruiter a follow up letter within two days thanking them for their time and expressing your interest in the job? "Didn't I loving do that when I set up the appointment and drove three hours each way?"

I mean I get why all the brain-dead ridiculous bullshit exists, it is what it is. Possibly only second to Marines in breadth and depth the Army is an unparalleled experience of dealing with brain-dead ridiculous bullshit, so I can and will follow the herd in performing the dog and pony show required just to get me to the end goal of what I want.

...but gently caress me sideways, I will always and forever wish death upon the self feeding poo poo-snake ouroboros culture that is human resources insisting on taking this stuff seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
With the exception of weddings and other family stuff I have not woken up before about 10 am in almost a year and I am perfectly ok with that. gently caress doing something at 4:30.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Oh suck my dick from the back. A couple of dissatisfied underperforming students might be one thing but when it's a majority of the class coming out of every lecture bitching about how incoherent and spotty your train of thought is, you might be getting just a little long in the tooth.

I was a huge, huge loving fan of the calculus professor that would say "read the text book" to every question. In class activities only ever consisted of talking about what the text book said by re-reading it to everyone then writing down problems demonstrating whatever the text book topic was that day and solving it on the board. It is the only class I've ever skipped regularly. Once I got contact information of the few other self-motivated people in the class we just did study groups to figure poo poo out because the professor was god drat worthless.

Some people just blow rear end at being teachers.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

i don't want to go to class today or ever again I need to change my program but probably wont :(

I have got an absolutely RAGING case of Senioritis. I do not have a solitary gently caress left to give and am going through the motions in the most mechanical way possible for my last few weeks of schooling. Nothing that impacts grades cause poo poo's important yo but anything beyond that I don't even do something like read an email anymore.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Dick Bastardly posted:

Right, but my point was that I really hope

Just gonna stop you right there and say this is the election season to abandon all hope. poo poo's hosed yo.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I had a class that had a MyMathLab portion.

gently caress MyMathLab.

gently caress MyMathLab right in the ear.

It is obnoxious as poo poo and takes forever to enter your answer and then it tells you the answer is wrong when you factored something one way and not another or wrote AB instead of BA. Of course all it tells you is "Yeah that's wrong" and when someone is attempting to LEARN something math based and you tell them an answer is wrong with zero further feedback you have no idea if they wanted BA or if you've completely hosed up the entire answer from the ground up and have to re-do everything. Every MyMathLab assignment became a group project in that class and nobody payed any attention to it beyond copy/pasting the answer in as fast as possible so we could get the homework credit then everyone went to Khan academy to actually learn what the gently caress was being taught.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
For my HTML class final project I felt like I was just totally throwing in the towel and not making anything worth a poo poo. Guess the rest of the class is even worse because I got 100% on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Graduation day tomorrow. I'm kinda happy the four year pause-button on life is finally over and I have the piece of paper, I'd be a lot happier if I got the job I want instead of them not telling me the results and being in the limbo zone of "I have no idea where I'm even going to be living in a few months"

• Locked thread