Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im loving the PC beta. I haven't seen any hackers (yet) but some people are wicked good at it already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I haven't actually played MGO since before the huge re-balancing patch... Curious to try it out again.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Its really good but I havent played it singe I got Bloodborne... is everybody still using infiltrators with the instant fulton move

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
did they add new maps yet ?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I.N.R.I posted:

I don't know. I'm playing it on PC.

My only gripe is that there is no party system, but you can just click join on someone in steam so whatever.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't know. I'm playing it on PC.

My only gripe is that there is no party system, but you can just click join on someone in steam so whatever.

oh, well, when i played it, there were 3 maps. and a few different settings for each map like rush/full and weather options

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I.N.R.I posted:

oh, well, when i played it, there were 3 maps. and a few different settings for each map like rush/full and weather options

So far I've seen Some Base In Afghanistan, Sorta Looks Like A Dam Place, Kinda Based On Camp Omega, and a few jungle maps.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Infiltrator is seriously awesome

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

So far I've seen Some Base In Afghanistan, Sorta Looks Like A Dam Place, Kinda Based On Camp Omega, and a few jungle maps.

ahhhh the jungle one is new. i better renew ps+

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

ahhhh the jungle one is new. i better renew ps+

I think the jungle ones been there since launch. The one you run around in for the lobby anyways, maybe they added another.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think the jungle ones been there since launch. The one you run around in for the lobby anyways, maybe they added another.

As far as I can tell there's more than 3 maps for sure. I tihnk its only like 6 though. I noticed a few are only available on not-CTF for some reason while the not-King Of The Hill mode and not-Deathmatch support the same maps.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Nevermind I looked it up and it's still the same five maps it launched with.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Nevermind I looked it up and it's still the same five maps it launched with.

qq

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

As far as I can tell there's more than 3 maps for sure. I tihnk its only like 6 though. I noticed a few are only available on not-CTF for some reason while the not-King Of The Hill mode and not-Deathmatch support the same maps.

yea excuse me, there was 5 or something. lets see... the supply outpost, oil refinery , dam, GZ base, and africa hut style one. something like that

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I.N.R.I posted:

yea excuse me, there was 5 or something. lets see... the supply outpost, oil refinery , dam, GZ base, and africa hut style one. something like that

Yeah that seems like its it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't really get heavy into this but I had fun for a few hours. I think the biggest thing they changed is that they got rid of the takedown prompt appearing when you are close to invisible targets, which makes sense. Even if it was funny to be running around and see it pop up and just annihilate some cloaked dude even though you didn't even see him

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I didn't really get heavy into this but I had fun for a few hours. I think the biggest thing they changed is that they got rid of the takedown prompt appearing when you are close to invisible targets, which makes sense. Even if it was funny to be running around and see it pop up and just annihilate some cloaked dude even though you didn't even see him

it's easy to see cloaked people IMO

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Larry Parrish posted:

Infiltrator is seriously awesome

They are all fun once you gain a few levels and can customize more but thats the best one. Using a Scout with night bision to mark cloaked people is really good too

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

I think they also made it so not everyone can do the CQC slam by default

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I really wanted to like it but y brain is not compatible with multiplayer shooters where I have to grind up levels to have all abilities

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Larry Parrish posted:

If you press H in the freeplay area you can start a party

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Geight posted:

If you press H in the freeplay area you can start a party

Thank you!!!!!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The change was that base cqc doesn't stun you instantly. This was pretty insane for the first day after the patch where if someone cqc tossed you you could spin over and shoot them at the end of their animation cycle

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i mainly have only been playing the main game but i should try some more mgo i am level 8

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

they posted a screenshot of a new map they're working on on twitter, and want people to come up with a name for it. it's set on an FOB.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

The change was that base cqc doesn't stun you instantly. This was pretty insane for the first day after the patch where if someone cqc tossed you you could spin over and shoot them at the end of their animation cycle

Lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I was wondering why it takes them so long to make one map the I remembered the mgo team is like 3 people In a basement now

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have no clue what the point of MB coins is if all you can buy is retarded animal heads, the Sniper's hat from TF2 I guess?, sexy swimsuits, and a few extremely garish camos. Did they ever add more poo poo to buy with those on console. I got these free 500 MB coins and I want to spend them goddamnit.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
buy the hats.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I have no clue what the point of MB coins is if all you can buy is retarded animal heads, the Sniper's hat from TF2 I guess?, sexy swimsuits, and a few extremely garish camos. Did they ever add more poo poo to buy with those on console. I got these free 500 MB coins and I want to spend them goddamnit.

This. Just shut up and take my money, konami!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

http://twitter.com/DavidBHayter/status/688122562094604290

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

👀

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

David Hayter is buttsalty.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Muh suthermans.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

a bay posted:

Muh suthermans.
No.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never seen his Twitter before but from a quick glance it looks like he tweets in the Solid Snake cadence 24/7 and calls his kids "Baby Snake" and his wife "Momma Snake". Lmao.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It was really sad to see so many people watch David Hayter's descent into madness and tell themselves that it's all part of a viral marketing campaign, and that Sutherland is a ruse, and Hayter will actually return and he's just pretending to be mad etc.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
when I first heard hayter was out I thought that seemed kinda dumb but then when I started playing MGSV I realized that keifer sounds perfect as big boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Queefer blows dick. gently caress you guys and gently caress Kojima.

• Locked thread