Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Shinjobi posted:

I liked the part when Travis wore a piss shirt to an interview about the trolls movie

IIRC, he changed into the piss shirt before going to the meeting. Because I'm pretty sure it was the same day they went to E3, which is why Justin is wearing a Trolls tie, and Travis is not visibly wearing the piss shirt in the video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

If you don’t understand the difference between a liberal and a leftist by now, that’s on you mate

Ah, we’ve hit peak Horse Shoe Theory.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Marsupial Ape posted:

Ah, we’ve hit peak Horse Shoe Theory.

That's not a thing.

This thread has certainly gone places this week.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

ah yes identify and fight the McElroys, that’s the real enemy, that’s praxis

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

That's not a thing.

This thread has certainly gone places this week.

Horseshoe Theory is completely a thing. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_theory

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

You forgot one.

We’ve been hacked!

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

I'm aware people say it's a thing. That doesn't make it real.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I mean if we must do “leftists vs libs” chat, horseshoe theory is pretty much like the politics version of bell curve for people who are “socially liberal but economically conservative”

which I guess the bell curve also is/was for a while, though it’s thankfully losing credibility in many circles

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Horseshoe theory is very 2017. I thought even most centrists realized that argument lost all of its convincing power by now.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Impermanent posted:

Horseshoe theory is very 2017. I thought even most centrists realized that argument lost all of its convincing power by now.

it made a pretty strong showing in the halcyon “big mean Bernie supporters are exactly like Trump trolls (and a lot of them are probably secret racists and hate women, and also they’re gonna murder MSNBC hosts in the streets)!” reporting days of January-March 2020

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Hello everyone

Liberalism is inherently a right wing ideology and thus is incompatible with leftism

Thank you. Namaste

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Thank loving god there's a new MBMBAM on the horizon to change the topic.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

mikeycp posted:

Hello everyone

Liberalism is inherently a right wing ideology and thus is incompatible with leftism

Thank you. Namaste

yes but what does it have to do with Travis

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
like this entire derail is, at heart, because a bunch of people feel personally hurt that their favorite Podcast Brothers publicly supported Liz Warren instead of Bernie Sanders

that’s what it is in its core, all the scrutinizing of Travis’ mannerisms and “woke-baiting” and so forth took off after that

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Or it could be people don’t like the weirdo unfunny narcissist who screamed at a bunch of friends playing among us and tried to big time them

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Ok Comboomer posted:

like this entire derail is, at heart, because a bunch of people feel personally hurt that their favorite Podcast Brothers publicly supported Liz Warren instead of Bernie Sanders

that’s what it is in its core, all the scrutinizing of Travis’ mannerisms and “woke-baiting” and so forth took off after that

What the actual gently caress are you talking about?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ok Comboomer posted:

no but thats pretty funny too

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Also I'm a big fan of the cop/serial killer/lawyer/neighbor Jigsaw

That's a good bit too

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ok Comboomer posted:

no, not at all

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Hey 🙋 everybody, 👩👨 for 🈺 real, 😳🤔 playing 🀄 to frustrate each 👋👋 other 👳 is not 🈶 a fun 🎳 way 😳 to play ▶ because ✅ we're ➕ all 💯 on 🛵 the same ❗🤢 team 👥 and that 😳 team 👥 is to have 👏🐵 fun 🎢💃🎳🎢💃🎳🎢💃🎳 together ‼️ and to make 💆 it fun 😂 for 🤙 all 👉 our 💰 audiences. And so when 😩⏰ people 👪 make 🙋😬 plays just 👏👌 to frustrate each 💘🔛😄🐦 other 🏾👈 and just 👽 to troll each 👋👋 other, 😏 there's 😹 enough 🙅‍♂️🤬🤬🤬🤬 of that 👆👇 in 😏 the world 🌍 today, 🌽 of people 👫👨 trolling each 💘🔛😄🐦 other 👪 just 🤔 to be 🐝 mean 😱😡 and to be 👄😱 hurtful, and if we're 🙈 gonna 🎁➡️ play 🤸🏿‍♂️ in 🐴🌿 this space 🌛 together 👫👬 we 👉🤠 need 😾 to do 🚶‍♂️ it because 💁😡 we 👥👓 want 😋 each 👋👏 other 😖 to have 🙌🙀🙌 fun 😅 and not 🙅‍♀️ because 🙆🏽 we're 👶 trying 😼👌💥 to frustrate each 👏 other, 👪 cause 💋 there's 😎 enough 🙅‍♂️🤬🤬🤬🤬 frustrating things 📴 in 😀🔥 the world 💀💀💀 right 😽👌 now 👁️👄👁️ and there's 😹 enough 🙅‍♀️ we 🤼😃 can't 🌍 control, 🕺 and one 🙏 of the things 🤭 we 🤥 can 🥫 control 🎮 is that 😐😐 everyone 👥 is here 🈁 to have 🈶 fun 😂 and not 🚫🙅 waste each 👏👏 others' 👪 time 🕐 and so when 😩⏰ we 👶👥 make 📣 decisions 🤔 that 🥰😇✨ are meant 👀 to troll each 👏 other, 🛏️ that's 🈴 something 😅 that 👋 bad 😤😩 people 👺 do. 😍

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Or it could be people don’t like the weirdo unfunny narcissist who screamed at a bunch of friends playing among us and tried to big time them

What the actual gently caress are you talking about?

Alaois posted:

no but thats pretty funny too

Endorph posted:

no, not at all

lmao, proof I’m right

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
From your text box to God's eyes, friends

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i assure you i hated Travis McElroy long before the 2020 democratic primary and have no idea on his political opinions

edit: also accusing me of liking his podcast is very rude

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
McElroy Podcast Thread: I don’t like the McElroys or their shows I’m just here for the fights

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Ok Comboomer posted:

intensely big brain 2000iq take here

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

mikeycp posted:

intensely big brain 2000iq take here

maybe, but you guys are so predictably pissy and defensive about it that it kinda justifies my point that this is entirely about perceived personal politics and going after a relatively accessible “succlib entertainer” rather than Travis, etc being cringey or narcissistic or “seriously mentally ill”(!) or whatever.

like I used to roll my eyes at the people being like “the insane level of anger in this thread is unhinged” but y’all have managed to turn this into a parody of what the thread was even two months ago

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Ok Comboomer posted:

yes but what does it have to do with Travis soy muppetface?

Fixed that

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

this thread and the podcast are perfect for each other :smuggo:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Jestery posted:

Fixed that

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Alaois posted:

that skull looks like a real idiot

lol

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I don't know how you destroy Travis McElroy, but I can promise you its not by paying this much attention to him.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Ok Comboomer posted:

maybe, but you guys are so predictably pissy and defensive about it that it kinda justifies my point that this is entirely about perceived personal politics and going after a relatively accessible “succlib entertainer” rather than Travis, etc being cringey or narcissistic or “seriously mentally ill”(!) or whatever.

"You all noted that I was wrong about your intentions therefore I'm actually right" is certainly a take.

I don't really see the anger either. Just folks discussing the McElroy's, which as of late has been watching Travis stumbling and falling on his face. Negative reactions don't necessarily equal anger my man!

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
If this keeps up I may have to resort to Twitter to stay up-to-date on all things BDG.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
That clip was really awkward and maybe Travis should play some Among Us with people he knows better so he can have a more fun time playing :<

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
its a shame griffin couldnt get out and do something cool after all these years

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

I'm aware people say it's a thing. That doesn't make it real.

Just because you say “nuh-uh!” bad doesn’t mean it’s not real.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Hi guys what’s your favourite McElroy podcast mine’s mbmbam

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Lightningproof posted:

Hi guys what’s your favourite McElroy podcast mine’s mbmbam
None of them!!! That's PRAXIS

e: vvv that would be an improvement

Stroop There It Is fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Mar 22, 2021

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

by the summer, weekend mbmbam thread will just be assorted screams and choking sounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Marsupial Ape posted:

Just because you say “nuh-uh!” bad doesn’t mean it’s not real.

Just because people say leftists are mean on twitter doesn't make them "just as bad as the fascists". It's a dumb idea for people who aren't that passionate about their politics to try to make anyone who is out to be an extremist not worth listening to.

Anyway, I don't hate Travis at all, and I don't think anyone here really does. I just think him having a few dumb things in a row this week has lead the thread down a weird path, since there isn't much else to talk about with the boys these days. Hopefully this week's episode is good and will reset the conversation.