Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Kardala is great and makes the whole thing worth it. I'm not super paying attention to what's going on but as long as Kardala is involved it will probably be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I haven't listened to the latest two TAZ yet (i listened to the setup but not either of the actual episodes yet) but TAZ to me was at its best when the players were goofing off and doing dope poo poo. As they got later into the story they added more to it and it was still good, but the later parts only worked because of the earlier stuff building to it, imo.

Basically Griffin became too long-winded and got lost in the story instead of the funny parts. Also he says "sort of" and "folks" too much and it sort of drives me sort of insane, folks.

I still like the show though, these are minor complaints.

A more substantial complaint is that they let Justin do whatever (awesome) stuff he wanted with almost no objections, but as soon as Clint tried anything they'd all go D&D lawyer on him and yell.

Finally i had a question. Is healing in D&D bad, or was Clint bad at it? Or both? Like he'd do Cure Wounds and heal for like 3d4 or something, when they're taking 40 points of damage in one hit.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Isn't Griffin's title at Polygon like video editor or something? I mean i realize titles and roles and whatnot can change

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Is the voice a bit? Am I just too old? This is awful

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I thought it was possibly racist but was hoping that maybe it was just an innocent dumb Yahoo.

But then I remembered it was the internet.

Edit: the Twitter replies say that KFC did (for some unknown reason) actually do a commemorative bucket for the royal wedding so maybe there is hope yet

myron cope fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 24, 2018

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I can't believe they were such cowards and wouldn't do a 420

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

They could have just done an episode 420, about the same stuff their regular episodes are about (nonsense)

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Yeah the 9 people who are crossover McElroy/Fallon fans would love it

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Boy I thought Munch Squad was much less frequent at first and then it escalated, but nope, it's just always on.

It would be fine if it was used more sparingly.

I feel this way about most/all of their bits. Except Haunted Doll Watch. That was funny only once: the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Xad posted:

While it sucks that that happened, apparently that's an extremely normal thing to happen to a vfx team working on a big movie

Is it not, like, contract work? Or do these people like get hired by Marvel for 6 months (or 10 years or however long it takes to make a movie) and then get fired and not see it coming