Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

A reminder that the jimmy buffet mbmbam ad exists and was made years before Justin was big into Jimmy Buffet and is literally the worst joke I've ever heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Old man robbery ruined me on public transport. Goof of the year.

"I was here when you were born in this bank!"

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

For my money the greatest piece of Maxfun cross promotion were the times hodgman was on the flophouse and mbmbam.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I had trouble getting into the Pod F. Tompcast after the fact, I think I was missing too much context. I basically just remember interconnected Lord Andrew Lloyd Weber sketches leading into rambling phone conversations with Jen Kirkman.

Spontaneanation is dope though. The interviews are usually interesting and I almost always really enjoy the improv.

When will PFT guestspert on MBMBAM to talk about, I dunno, comedy and weight loss?

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

I like The Flop House, but I'll often abandon it once the Letters from Listeners segment starts.

The best bad movie podcast is The Worst Idea of All Time

We're all just waiting for Til Death Do Us Blart to build up a decent backlog.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I really enjoyed how suddenly Griffin lost patience with this week's opening bit after advocating it at the top of the show.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Hello Car Boys? I'm going to need to see what that "Negative Earth" gravity preset is.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I would (and do) pay good money if the next MBMBAM donor bonus is advice from the TAZ gang.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Oh no, I forgot like 2 months ago they'd all been wearing shorts this whole time. My immersionnnnn!

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

So it's blatantly obvious that if Nick were a pokemon he'd be this new owl fellow. But what of Griffin? For my money, I'll take Gulpin.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Ye of little faith. Ms. Beakman will outlive us all.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

"Ayers Rock" "Uluru" is a good punchline, but for real, no one calls it Ayers Rock anymore.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Even though I hardly ever watch them, I appreciate the 60 minutes of X game footage videos. If there's a game I want to see in action before I consider buying it, it's nice to have a source of videos that don't have some two bit Let's Player yammering over.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Does anyone have a link to the animatic where they depicted the MBMBAM "Curse a real sword" conversation with the Adventure Zone guys? I thought I saw it in this thread but can't seem to find it.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I'll say this for Griffin's Nuzlocke videos: They're making me consider buying Sun or Moon after giving up on X/Y around the time I was had to ~watch fireworks with a girl for the first time~.

I'd probably do a pseudo-nuzlocke run where I released upon fainting but didn't restrict my ability to capture cool mons/ have to give up the run after a bad battle.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

That's fair. I'm just after something to raise the tension since I'm big into collecting monsters but find stationary turn based combat kind of tedious.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Brad Bradderson was basically the exact opposite of what I expected from a Stuart Wellington DnD character and was all the more amazing for it.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

pray for my aunt posted:

Vore is a lifestyle.

and a hell of a way to go. Le grande mort.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Adventure Zone: I laughed very hard at "cut to the dining room. Ooh chilli!"

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I don't really have a strong opinion on the rest of the episode, but holy moly the kiss question and the Gene Wilder question were amazing.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

How many episodes do you think it will take until Griffin's potential routes are stalked by zealous MBMBAMbinos eager to provide help?

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Just FYI guys there's a thread in TG for discussing RPG podcasts. Not saying it to shut down the conversation, just because I wish it were more active.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743698

Also, I think I've said it a few times in this thread but Campaign and One Shot are my recommendations for other funny RPG podcasts.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Tv chat: Props to the spider handler guy for being apparently being a super chill dude and taking the brothers constantly slamming his... pets? (products? lifestyle? whatever,) in good humour.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

The secret society roller disco was a little cheesy, but I laughed super hard at their world domination goals spinning onto the screen in colourful font.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Holy poo poo, that Master Chief bit slew me.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

all fiction is crap give up and read encyclopedias losers

I'm more of an almanac man.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

The Modern Leper posted:

I'm at the vet and they're playing that piece from Car Boys and I'm getting nervous. :ohdear:

Clair de lune? That's one of the songs that plays regularly on the large screen near my work, often around the time I go for a morning coffee. It doesn't exactly unsettle me, but I think I've been conditioned to expect something when I hear it.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Ariong posted:

This youtube channel that's always uploading good MBMBaM clips just released a supercut of every Extreme Restraints ad. If you think that's great news, wait until you see the run time.

Buckle up and fuckle up!

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Since we're talking about Pat, he's been doing a fair few streams for polygon lately that are pretty entertaining. He plays Human Fall Flat with Simone and tells a horrific story about the time a teacher made him rap in high school.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

It's out in Australia too. I managed to sign up for Seeso when it came out with a bit of trickery, but you better believe I'm iTunesing it straight away.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Flop House is like if MST3K was annoying, and not funny.

Boy you must have been disappointed at Elliot becoming head writer for the revival.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I'm not trying to be antagonistic here, but how did you find him in his host-segment appearances (sleazy time traveler doctor and widdle baby)? I've never found him particularly obnoxious, so I'm curious.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

If people think they'd be interested/ if I remember I might have a crack at putting together a maxfun thread over the weekend.

No harm done if it dies after all.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Bogart posted:

Not a single mention of Secret Best MaxFun show, Beef and Dairy Network? For shame.

I guess I just don't really understand why such a straight-laced industry-specific news podcast is on a network which is primarily focused on comedy and pop culture.

Jesse's face must have been dripping with mint sauce when he signed that contract.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

creationist believer posted:

Yeah I got the impression that Merle's strained relationship with organized religion was semi-autobiographical, but the rest of the backstory was only Clint fleshing Merle out and making him a distinct character.

Although it was kind of a thing with both Merle and his character in TAZ Nights that they worry about getting replaced in their crew. Merle by Angus and other NPCs they meet, and I forget his TAZ Nights character name, but he was intimidated about Lin Manuel Miranda's character being a better bard than him. Makes me wonder if that's a thing either in relation to his boys getting famous or friends from his past.

If I recall right his Nights character's name is Lenny, and in the episode with LMM he mentioned something about the name at least being inspired by Lin. So having him on as another bard kind of undercut that in a hilarious way.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Nick's composure during/after The Cronch is amazing.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

I would be ok with this if someone did Garfield Monstrosity.

But which one?

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Just watched the latest awful squad and hey mikeycp, you did good bud.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Gosh I hope it isn't true. I just want a rad boy detective to be a rad boy detective.

Got around to listening to the latest TAZ today. For my money the most effecting moment was Barry desperately begging Taako to kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Glass Shark never really did it for me the way others bits have tbh.

Tangentially related: I'm applying to rent a house that is basically Lil Studio 54, so that's been in my head a lot recently.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rRgAFtL_5Vs