Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

ffffffff HAMMERTIME WAS WEARING AN ITEM WHEN HE WAS RELEASED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Man, I'm a beedogs fan. Poor Travis.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

TAZ Boston show is up, y'all!

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

Three white guys from West Virginia who live such charmed lives that working an actual full-time job for two weeks almost destroyed them are the last people on earth who need to worry about suffering under a Trump presidency.
They aren't worried for themselves, dipshit.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Spaced God posted:

Oh no no no

Griffinspacejam.com is dead!
DEAD!
http://www.griffin-space-jam.com

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

oh my god sitting on the train was the worst possible time to listen to the ASMR scene segment, I can't stop laughing

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Ive felt like this for a while and have had nowhere to put it: Carrie's bf Drew seems like such lame wimpy baby and he doesn't sound any better either.
I mean the dude has cerebral palsy so I'm willing to cut him some slack in that department

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Haha, looks like the module that Roll20 is debuting their official D&D stuff with is the one Here There Be Gerblins was based on: http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/28/12309084/dungeons-dragons-virtual-tabletop-ios-android-tablet-roll20-browser-online

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Happiness posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwz49O_bHHo

don't worry friends there's new mcelroy podcast content everyone can enjoy
"We're gonna punch the moon" is definitely my new favorite McElroy catchphrase

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Apologies if this was posted before, but I know someone was looking to get The Adventure Zine after the fundraiser closed: https://gumroad.com/theadventurezine You can still get the PDF, and all the proceeds go directly to charity.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

myron cope posted:

Was a new Adventure Zone supposed to be out yesterday?
No, the Flop House guest ep came out on 12/29, so the next one will be out on 1/12

e: vvv :owned:

Stroop There It Is fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 6, 2017

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Taako's voice is modeled off a friend of theirs, iirc.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Asiina posted:

Clint's ineptitude at even the very basics annoys me most of the time. The character is fine, but just like dude you've been playing for 2+ years, it's long past funny that you don't know how to do literally anything.
do you even have a dad

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Am I the only one who wonders if the classical music added to the mammoth area was for them from a Car Boys viewer

Alaois posted:

or Unknown Armies if you really wanna get weird
I feel like UA does the "Batman ranks" thing pretty well, and it's considerably simpler than D&D.

They'd definitely have to remove the sanity meters, though. That gets a little too dark for what they usually go for.

I'm on the side of "changing the system would be more trouble than it's worth for them, but a very simple system would facilitate the story better".

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

inthesto posted:

With Travis getting his rear end kicked?
Why is this the funniest loving thing to me?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Serf posted:

I'm the opposite on this thing. I'm excited to see what kind of characters they come up with next. If Griffin becomes a PC then that'll be even cooler.
Same. Their TAZ Nights characters were pretty loving great, I hope they continue that (and that Travis gets a little more GMing experience under his belt, since that was rough--but understandably so). I loved that Griffin and Clint's PCs have a history of animosity in their backstories already, and Troth is pretty much the polar opposite of Taako.

e: I'll be sad when this iteration of TAZ ends, but I'd much rather it wrap up in a satisfying way than die an agonizingly slow, boring-rear end death. I've seen too many games drag on far after they should have ended, and that sucks.

Stroop There It Is fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 9, 2017

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Welp, guess I'm gonna have to get a Seeso subscription.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

oh my god

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

I'm going to be in Austin that weekend for my sister's graduation but I couldn't get tickets.

:negative:

(I was gonna try to drag her to the show, I've been trying to get her to listen to TAZ.)

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

They could've gotten way gnarlier with the makeup, but DJ Slime Time was pretty great as-is.

Guys, which videos should I show my sister to begin indoctrinating her into the McElverse? I'm thinking the Sims Monster Factory, 'cause she's not a ~gamer~ but she's played some iteration of that.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Thanks for all the suggestions! I was thinking she'd take more to a video, knowing her, but I can definitely see if she likes the samplers/select clips. I don't know why I didn't think of the show, that's a great idea.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

flatluigi posted:

Maxfun bonus eps for still buffering, rose buddies, and mbmbam are up
Did you get the email with this year's info already? I haven't gotten anything yet...

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I got mine a couple days back, check your spam maybe?

Tears In A Vial posted:

Yeah mine was two days ago, but hidden in the Promotions folder in gmail.
Ugh, nope. I did have one from February in my spam folder but that's it. My donations have definitely been going through, too. I emailed them, hopefully they'll figure it out.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Yeah, I tried watching The Bachelor(ette), but I just couldn't get through it. I still listen to Rose Buddies regularly. Rachel is very funny in her own right and they have great chemistry (duh).

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Does anyone else's cat really like watching Car Boys?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

poor life choice posted:

Is that series still going? I'd put it on in the background while gaming or poking around online but didn't feel it . :( I think it highlights the strength of the McElroy bros dynamic though: Justin is at his best when he can riff off of Griffin and Travis. Russ seems like a okay guy, just not particularly funny.

While I'm talking about Justin is anyone worried about how loving juicy his lungs sound? Does he (still?) smoke/vape? It's a credit to Griffin's editing that his cough is as minimized as it is in MBMBaM and TAZ, he doesn't sound so hot in Sawbones. The crossover ep of Court Appointed is what drew it to my attention. I'm getting déjà vu as I write this, sorry if I made this post like a week ago. Take care of your lungs bud. :ohdear:
Yeah, I watched a couple episodes but couldn't get into it because I just can't find Russ funny. I feel horrible saying this, but his acting just makes me cringe. Maybe it'd be better with just voice-over?

I'm guessing Sydnee made him stop if he didn't on his own. :( Hope he gets better soon.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

graventy posted:

This is probably a dumb question, but how do I access the 2017 bonus content? I have a feed from 2016, and I've been a donating member since then and still am, but I haven't received a 2017 code in my e-mail.
I also was already a donor and didn't get the email. I just emailed the donations@maxfun address in the donation emails and asked them, they responded a day or two later and made sure I'm on the list.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

ATP5G1 posted:

Haven't we known the Umbra Staff was a lich or some sort of transformed magic user from the beginning? I've always assumed it was the soul/essence/whatever of whomever used to wear the red robe it was found beside, and now we're figuring out that person was Lup.
Also didn't Barry say something like "oh my god, you found her?" about the staff and/or body next to the staff that time he appeared and got all upset that they said they didn't trust him? I'm pretty sure the skeleton they found the Umbra Staff on was Lup, so it makes sense of she's inhabiting the staff.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Nick's Krystal tweet was pretty loving soon after this one
https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/845876568954060801

I am hard-pressed to see how anyone took it seriously

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

I just met Tristan (the Marine). He's a cool dude.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

No you don't. Please stop using the word autism like that.
look at this word-meaning autism right here

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

http://pajamurai.tumblr.com/post/86613053099/my-brother-my-brother-and-me-fan-art-for-my

I think Justin had his Twitter avatar as that for a bit

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

I mean, it looks more like Bort Sampson than Ronaldo...

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Does all this mean the actual series is going to wrap up soon, or just the current storyline they're in?
Just the current campaign. Next they'll probably do some one-shots, and Clint has said he wants to run a superhero game.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

I think Crystal Kingdom's biggest issue was its pacing. I liked the content and still enjoyed it a lot, but that made it my least favorite arc.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Poque posted:

I'd probably rank them...
Eleventh Hour
Rockport Limited
Petals to the Metal
Suffering Game
Gerblins
Crystal Kingdom
Same! :monocle:

Waffleman_ posted:

That whole part did seem to be a big long "Please don't yell at us, Tumblr, please"
Twitter is way worse and much louder than Tumblr at this point. Also I appreciate that they are legitimately taking people's concerns into account without begging for forgiveness. It annoys me that people complain about some of the things they do--like recently I saw someone bitching about Griffin and Rachel using the phrase "throwing shade" as terrible ~cultural appropriation~, so I'm impressed that the McElroys have totally refrained from being dismissive even when this poo poo is ridiculous.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

I can't handle this

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

I think the arc is going to pick up more in the next episode, since they'll have a better idea of how it'll work. It's very, very different than the usual style, and they're also jumping straight into a challenging roleplaying situation: all of the history they've built up in their characters' relationships is suddenly gone because all that's in the future. They're basically starting from scratch in that respect--even if their personalities are the same, the way they usually play off each other can't really be the same.

I liked the episode, just didn't love it quite as much as the usual.

Wake_N_Bake posted:

Every time I listen I think tabletop games sound kinda fun.

Then I remember the insufferable tabletop nerds in this thread and I come to my senses. JFC
Tbf you get the same issue with Games and video games

I promise not all of us are fun-hating spergs! You just need to find a group that is mainly chill (there is always at least one rules lawyer, no exceptions), it completely depends on the people you play with, more so than the actual game you're playing.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

poor life choice posted:

Griffin really rolled a 7-9 on this one.
I thought this post was funny and agree with it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I feel like that's absolutely a failure of form if it necessitates a failure in function and in either case isn't really an adequate defense. If the story he wants to tell means we lose all character moments in favor of speeding everyone through some Sliders monologues that's...not good. Like at all.

Again, I'm not really willing to give the benefit of the doubt here because almost the exact same problem happened last year with CK, when Griffin had to basically stop the arc multiple times (and create a scenario where the main characters are literally sheparded down a hallway so he could force his narrative into the arc in a semi-organic way) and it created some really, really unlistenable episodes. I don't blame Griffin for trying and I can respect his ambition, and I felt like CK was a failure due to trying for an ultimately noble goal (retrofit a narrative onto a goof podcast) at the cost of podcast enjoyability. However, with the beginning of this most recent arc echoing the same problems CK had a year ago it feels like the characters' narratives and the story's narrative are fundamentally at odds with each other, and it's really unpleasant podcasting as a result.
actually I liked Crystal Kingdom despite its pacing issues and it was not unpleasant. Checkmate.