Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

It didn't occur to me until they poked fun at it but wow, Griffin did put a lot of elevators in this adventure didn't he? I think every arc has had a unique one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Wake_N_Bake posted:

It was mentioned in the other thread, but drat, Griffin is nailing the poo poo out of the audio, and obviously enjoying it. It really steps up the production.

His utter disdain for for d&d rules (and their all acknowledgement and dismissal of) is equally as great, since I know nothing about the game. Museum of elevators, motherfucker.

Rule #1 of DnD, no elevators. Everyone knows that. It's only a matter of time before this whole charade comes toppling down.

EDIT: That's also the only rule.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Drunkboxer posted:

Look guys, I just like random character death, because its funny. I don't want tpks every other episode. Dying is fun.

I can see that, but I don't think the idea holds up when you're broadcasting your game to other people. If you're just messing around with your friends you can just whip up 5 characters ahead of time and do a crazy meat grinder adventure, sounds like a fun afternoon. Here though they want people to be invested in the characters. It would be hard for people to keep up otherwise. I mean, the people playing can barely keep up with what their characters can do!

The only time I can forsee a PC dying without their player organizing a big event with the DM beforehand is if they do something monumentally stupid, like intentionally putting on a Grand Relic. Then again, there is always resurrection. Basically, it's going to be a capital bee Big capital jee Deal.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

TACD posted:

I can imagine Griffin working in somebody dying but hanging around in Ghost Form or something, then having the Void Fish puke up a clone of the character next time they go to the moon.

Oh man, I didn't even consider ghost shenanigans! Okay, if Griffin can come up with a robust and interesting ghost system that allows the dead player to still contribute after death, then maybe I could see character death becoming more of a thing. Heck, then you could actually make getting the stuff to resurrect them a mini-quest in itself, since the person being revived wouldn't have to just sit it out.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

DoombatINC posted:

I wanted to make a Bart, because I love Bart!

Hhahah, don't cow el barto!

Oh my god. What the gently caress dude? I mean, how did you even make this?

It's just like Bart!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

What did you say?

code:
PENIS TRICKS

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Oh, I was wondering why their download numbers had gone up 2500%.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

I wonder if any of the Ethics In Games Journalism crowd is using the fact that Griffin has so many big celebs vouching for him as proof that Polygon is totes corrupt. doing a great job.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Make sure you don't skip straight over housekeeping to the final Yahoo! this week. Travis is deep in the mouth of mango.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I had the same goddamn response to the Dewey stand-in

Can someone post a screenshot of this?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Once or twice, when they specifically requested that someone try that.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Amiibo Corner, Bill Murray voice.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

What's wrong with the guy?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Wow I got so excited when Travis intervened at the notion that 22 slices was too many. That's so much 'zza!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Is there a one-time donation you can make to get access to the donor content or does it have to be monthly?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

It's like 3 weeks without, then 3 episodes over the course of nine days.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I hope the Taako takes a look into the Plane of Thought gem and sees a family gathered around a glowing box holding yellow semicircles, and it fades to the next scene just as one of them goes to take a bite.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

What was that spongebob remix at the beginning of the newest Coolgame Inc?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzMJk8nGpoc

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I wish that I could hear the moment of realization when Griffin Breaks the news to Justin that Taako's voice could be seen as offensive. Also, that was a really really good recap! I'm glad he put the music for each arc underneath.

Wake_N_Bake posted:

They just released a podcast where Griffin literally said, "gently caress the mechanics, we're here to have fun". Can you shut the gently caress up about actual DnD mechanics??

:stare:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Whizbang posted:

Blue Apron is just lunchables for manchildren.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

There were a few lunchables that you were supposed to cook. The pizza one comes to mind as being particularly vile if one does not have access to a microwave. I think they did a bit about that on the show in fact.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Given that Jenkins' signature spell according to Taako's umbrella was Feather Fall, I was sure that Jenkins didn't really die.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Upsy Your Lifting Friend was mentioned very briefly in the elevator museum. Like, less than 3 seconds devoted to him I think. Never in my most beautiful nightmares did I think he would return.

Man I hope there's some fanart of him. I'm imagining the moment when the bright yellow, clown painted door separate to reveal that they were held together by rows of interlocking teeth. A small bridge of saliva between them slowly collapses as the interior is revealed. The walls are given their form by a ribcage-like structure of bone. The ground yields beneath one's feet and subtly shifts and writhes. A large, fleshy bulb hangs from the ceiling. It vibrates, and noise emanates from within.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Three minutes in to the video and I had to pause it because I couldn't get a breath in between laughs.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Visual Sneeze posted:

Yeah you're right, I was being a bit of a dick with that post. To be fair I wasn't really upset or anything, mostly just surprised. I haven't heard anyone really talk about wrestling since I was in high school.

To try to get back on topic, is there a Polygon overview video playlist of just Griffin and Justin's stuff together? I've been enjoying the hell out of those but I'm just not so into the ones with other people in them

It's actually the second result when you search "Polygon" on YouTube.

Polygon - McElroys

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

MBMBaM taught me my new favorite word: Unimaginable. It's such a strong word that it takes on en enigmatic quality. How fast does one have to acquire Krav Maga skill before their instructor declares their rate of improvement to be beyond the realm of imagination?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

It's recently occured to me that Monster Factory actually has a rather uplifting message. Think about it: It is a show about creating a visage which is so far from what we consider beautiful that it sometimes causes a visceral reaction, then finding the beauty within it. If I had never seen the show and walked past one of its creations, I would be offput at best. Now, though, when I see one of those precious children, I smile at the memory of all the good times we've shared. It serves as a reminder that a book should not be judged by its cover, that almost anyone could become a part of your life if you gave them a chance. Basically Monster Factory is art, or at the very least, something which is just like art.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

It's worth noting that the robot fight going on in the background didn't work like a normal fight. I imagine that every point or two of damage Carey and N0-3773 did was worth one smashed robot, and that's why they were wrecking so much shop.

EDIT: Also Lucas would have died if Taako hadn't freed his mother, which was a very good choice on his part. It helped them out and it was a cool story moment. Also it let Magnus eat the stone, which is one of the top 5 moments so far imo.

EDIT2: Which reminds me: It is entirely possible that they are going to have to cut Magnus open. If this were literally any of the Grand Relics that they got before they could just wait for nature to take it's course, but if they don't get that thing out of his within the next 20-30 minutes, the Earth is going to turn to crystal.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 29, 2016

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

omg chael crash posted:

Come on, PolyGriff, where's my #stonerznation

They only do that when there's a new Tavern Brawl, and there hasn't been one of those in a while due to the new expansion having come out. It'll probably be two or three weeks

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

You can learn all about creativecloud.exe, a Neil Druckmann joint, on their soundcloud.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I feel the need to point out that Nick was being a real enabler in the latest episode. Griffin was specifically trying to steer their dentistry game away from the Vore Zone at first.

I have to agree with Guy Mann vis a vis the desire for more game ideas per episode, but one thing that I did like about the latest one was how much they involved their guest in the creation of the game. I love when a fresh face comes in and puts a whole new spin on the nug. That's why I was very happy when I saw that they were well into what was supposed to be the final part of the episode, but there were forty minutes left and the title had nothing to do with what they were talking about.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Vore-ack Hussein Obama. A lot of people have forgotten about the Hussein, but it's still important to me.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Apparently the vote fetish itself has heard about Griffin's attempts to seperate himself from it and decided to hunt him down. Griffin, meanwhile, is seeking asylum within the borders of the transformation fetish because seriously Second Life how could you allow this?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Hey wait a minute. This is the second time Griffin has transformed himself into a dog!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

OneDeadman posted:

On scale of 1-10 in creep factor of internet fetishes

Vore is like a 2.

But I might also just think this because The F Plus has dehumanized me to fetishes in general.

I dunno, did you watch that second video they showed at Big Gulp Live? In case you didn't, and I certainly hope that is the case for your sake, it was at least a five.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Here's my theory. Lucas' lab was hovering over a very placid lake. I forget what it was called, but its whole thing was that it had no waves or ripples or anything. I bet you gold pieces to grasshoppers that that lake is circular. If that is the case, the plan was for the lab to turn the lake into an enormous pink tourmaline mirror. A portal to the astral plane large enough for millions of spirits to push through at once.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

He took off his helmet to smoke out the window and one of the snowflakes blowing in brushed against something crystal before landing on him.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

mikeycp posted:

take them apart and form them into a single super-shirt.

Just like Buffet!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

There's another voidfish! That's what the original voidfish has been calling out for, and that's why the main trio have so many previous deaths they don't know about!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

Only just found this and it is very Good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4lommeVvlA