Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
I can't stop saying "toe to tip, that's a Bart!"

Help me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
I THINK DOGS SHOULD BE ABLE TO VOTE

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
If this Amiibo Corner is the final episode I won't even be mad. I cannot think of a better ending to this dark series.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Chris Hardwick: The new Spider Man looks EPIC! Be sure to subscribe to Loot Crate!

30 Under 30 Media Luminary Griffin McElroy: Actually I make my own jokes that are cool and good.

Chris Hardwick: loving worthless lazy millenials.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
I almost turned off the latest MBMBAM once the first girl asked her ~quirky~ question. So happy I didn't. The brothers got pretty brutal towards all the bad questions and it was exactly what I needed.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

flatluigi posted:

Honestly, unless you're getting really really bothered by the McElroys being careful/thoughtful/apologetic I think it's pretty clear that them doing so hasn't actually had a single major negative effect on either MBMBAM or TAZ. It seems to be mainly a case of people getting mad on behalf of them, assuming that they're not actually genuinely thinking of their fans and trying to do well by them + instead are being 'badgered into submission' or 'held hostage' or whatever the metaphor is today.

The negative effect for me is that they now have to spend minutes apologizing for a concept before it even gets used. For example, Griffin rambling about how Justin's character is NOT bipolar. I feel like 99.9% of people would never make that connection in the first place. But JUST IN CASE one person out there gets offended, Griffin has to apologize to everyone.

It throws off the pacing of the show and just isn't fun to listen to. I wouldn't call it a "major negative effect," but certainly a negative one.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Kardala is very Gaston-like. This is good.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Looks like we got a bunch of yum-yuckers here.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
I NEED you to stop shouting things like “this is fine” and “beautiful family.”

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
“Barry-“
SCREEEEEEEE

“Hello sirs!”
SCREEEEEEEEEEE

*Griffin inhales slightly*
SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Pull up McElroy thread

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I mean, does anybody really care about the stories in these live shows in such a way that people clapping would be rude?

I care that it cuts the episode in half because 50% of airtime is spent waiting for the audience to shut up.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

It’s a legitimate criticism that comes up again and again.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS PEDANTRY

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
RIP Ira Ray - I wanted to know.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Jesus Christ. “Welcome to Still Buffering - a teenager podcast about phones, parties, and boys!”

“WHY ARENT YOU ADDRESSING WHITE PRIVILEGE!!!!”

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Just imagine the wet slaps as your Hand Dog comes down the hallway to greet you.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Plz don’t say tummy

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
At a Boston live show Justin’s 15 year old sister in law came out onto the stage to introduce the show. A man next to me in his twenties screamed at her, “I APPRECIATE YOOOUUU!”

:whitewater:

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

Pronounced posted:

Look at Travis’ instagram. In Every picture he takes his mouth is wide open. Like he’s about to devour the camera.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

flatluigi posted:

what do those photos have anything to do with travis other than 'both people have their mouths open in a photo'

You got it

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Fat kid NO GO

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

Crocoswine posted:

I agree, I do think it is fun and entertaining to hear about these insane people

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Yeah I’ve honestly lost the plot. Justin’s killing it as always though.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
I still have no idea what's going on in this story. There's too many characters and they are all Griffin, so they all sound alike.

Danni, FBI guy who hasn't really done anything noteworthy, Cop 1, Ghost Cop 2, Aubrey's training buddy, somebody named Danni, a goatman who can't really talk, a goatman who CAN talk, the mothman, Duck's predecessor...I can't keep these folks straight.

So Sylvain is another planet that is connected to Earth. But Minerva is from a third planet? And she had a war with a fifth planet? And now alien light-beings from a sixth planet are attacking Earth? But the abominations from before were from Sylvain?

Mama made a statue and Ned stole the statue and this was important?
All of the side characters are now missing and neither the government nor Mama knows where they went?
Somebody was a floating coffin made of light?
There was a telescope that broke and this was important? Now there's a new telescope?

I guess the show just doesn't hold my attention, and I forget things while waiting for the new episode. I wish they'd play their arcs for 6 months max.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Wow, thanks for the write up! I don’t think there’s any hope for me but I appreciate it nonetheless.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Giving thanos purple skin is HIGHLY problematic. Furthermore,

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

Improbable Lobster posted:

yeah all those people getting mad about thanos being purple

that real thing

It was a reference to the green taako thing. Sadly real.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

Close your dang mouth, Jon Snow!

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Welcome to the next level

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

George H.W. oval office posted:

Justin getting sucked into a Joker hole never fails to get me.

The mouth sounds were on point.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
“...in a segment I call MUTT MINUTE?”

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
I’m starting to think the brothers ENJOY pretend kissing each other.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

RandomFerret posted:

You're killing me. You're killing a human being.

It’s either voice to text, auto correct, or a targeted psyop.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
It’s everybody’s favorite McElroy pal, jimmy buffet!

*we regret to inform you that the McElroy pal flew on the pedo plane.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Am I the only mbmbam listener who thinks John Hodgman is very not funny?

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
I’m not sold on the premise (not a fan of Harry Potter), but I am excited for a new DM running a full campaign.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
They should do Yu-gi-oh next.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
How does this compare to “Justin’s bean diet is offensive to fat people?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

Ariong posted:

I find this poo poo to be incredibly irritating because people refer to stuff like this like "ha, isn't this fanbase craaaaazy?" and it inevitably turns but to be something that one or two idiots said that for some reason got blown wildly out of proportion and somehow morphed into being emblematic of some huge contingent of people that doesn't actually exist. It's nothing.

That’s all well and good, but what else am I going to post on this dumb dead forum? Nothing good, that’s for sure.