Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
The site is fine and lovely in its simplicity, there is nothing wrong with that site.

edit: until you look at it on a computer and not a mobile device, that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
found Still Buffering to be incredibly incredibly dull but I'm ruined from listening to Don't Ever Change so much, which is nothing but crazy/stupid high school stories, and a podcast I recommend.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Mr Tastee posted:

Someone in the facebook confirmed that teengoogle.com now goes to Still Buffering.

This sentence is baffling to me since you're posting it from an internet-enabled device

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

chaos rhames posted:

So griffin finally made Big Gulp.

There is one full episode of Big Gulp, it was a 2015 bonus donors-only ep for MBMBAM.
It is unpleasant.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

inthesto posted:

Podcast.... client...??? :confused:

A program that you use to subscribe to & automatically download podcasts with, usually a phone app but also there's browser extensions and stand alone desktop programs do it as well.
This is how most people listen to them.

I don't use one either, but go get one if you want every episode of anything and every future episode without any more effort on your part.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
I continue to love the new forum word filters.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

This one is good because it effectively mocks the user without negatively affecting the fagoon thread

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
When I saw Jackie Brown the night it came out there were boom mics in so many shots I thought it was a plot point until I watched it on video years later.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
He's not prolific, he has no other job.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Sleeveless posted:

I'd be pissed if I dropped a c note on an anniversary present and it arrived five months late.

These people didn't bother to check the calendar and it's their own fault.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Ariong posted:

Is there a one-time donation you can make to get access to the donor content or does it have to be monthly?

I bet if you gave them the lowest donation tier ($5 a month = $60) as a lump sum you might negotiate for the bonus content access.
I've not done this but they're reasonable people so it's worth an email.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

User-Friendly posted:

What's the process of getting the bonus content if you donate? Do they just give you access to a collection of audio files, or is there a better way to get them into your podcast app and not just add them to iTunes?

There's a password to a site that hosts the individual files and videos (it's not just audio bonuses!) , and also has links with instructions for the bonus only rss feed.

The bonus videos include mbmbam and SPY doing mst3k style commentary on old educational films.

Scudworth fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Mar 5, 2016

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Sleeveless posted:

Well he's not wrong. The entire point of the $10 entry fee was supposed to be justified by keeping out the riff-raff and upholding strict standards and moderation and now we're in a post-GBS 2.0 world where neither of those really applies anymore. People buy platinum when half of its features either don't work or don't matter, people pay for avatars and custom titles and smilies when both are free on every other platform on earth, and all the while we use our paywall to lock people out the moment we make something that actually gets attention from the outside world like the Redditbomb or Dangan Ronpa :v:

The posting standards still very much exist outside gbs, and waiting for something to get popular then needing to pay for more is how profit happens on platforms that aren't covered in ads or bought out by larger entities.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
It's a quick and easy catchphrase to sneak into things and get famous people to say, it doesn't have to be funny, just functional.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
The videos are an Austin live show and them doing MST3K style commentary over 1950s educational videos.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

VDay posted:

2nd-saddest MBMBAM bit cancellation after the stop of the extreme restraints ads.

They gotta get these guys back somehow, I've never looked forward to the ad section of a podcast before or since. It was a bit in itself.

Sexapallooza :smith:

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
Has this been linked yet? Whatever here's the boat song.

https://m.soundcloud.com/jordan-jesse-mentos/my-boat

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Deport The Irish posted:

Casper can only afford to advertise on podcasts and that because they're shiiiit.

Stroop There It Is posted:

I've seen Casper ads on the NYC Metro

Casper has ad wraps covering entire streetcars and bought out all the ads in subway cars in Toronto

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
I like hearing them talk about Blue Apron and Nature Box because they're psyched about the food every time and seem to give a poo poo about the products. I will take this any day over Travis trying to sound excited about Basecamp or Zip Recruiting, there's nothing to work with there.

Least favourite regular ad spot everyone, go.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
The lending/loan ads were sketchy and awful, made me wonder if they can refuse sponsors.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
Totinos had Tim & Eric do a series of ads for them, that was good.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
Say what you will about Blue Apron, this is still a better side track of angry careposts than D&D systems bitching for TAZ.

We did it guys.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

SpacePig posted:

We can talk about the wonderful commitment to the bit that they didn't repeat a bit on Goofbusters 2. It's really great to me, and people are still commenting on their Facebook saying, like, "No, seriously, you did. Just listen!".

This is why I hesitate to join FB groups for anything I like, the terror of seeing how loving dumb comments can get.
:ohdear:

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
Givin' all my maxfun money to SPY this year after Dave got real in the most recent episode (got a dream job but the new contract included a lovely no-compete clause meaning they could stop him from doing SPY at any time, assholes refused to amend it = Dave no longer has a job).

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

kidcoelacanth posted:

It's rad but the die is off-center from the banner and it's killing me.

The centre of the banner is halfway over the roll between DO and THAT which would look even worse.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

X-Ray Pecs posted:

What's so weird about Extreme Restraints? They only sell things like soft drill tips to prevent accidental drilling and cages to keep dogs from hurting your privates!

Constipation is a problem these days.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Tempo 119 posted:

Lots of people who are unironically into weird stuff know how ridiculous it is, like I'm way into Xbox achievements but I could rip into them and the community around them all day long

Dude there's a big difference between openly discussing how you play video games vs jerking off to the idea of being digested by an anime fox-woman.

At least I hope there is.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Luneshot posted:

The links to the videos mentioned in the Big Gulp recording are actually dead links now- the vimeo site says "This video cannot be found".

It's the "blue vixen" ones on YouTube, and I hate that I've seen so much internet that I knew just hearing the audio.
So if you if you want to see them, search that.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Whizbang posted:

Speaking of, did you guys see that guy who had a meltdown that the brothers didn't approve his post for the group? lmbo

There's that guy, and then there's this winner too.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Travis343 posted:

Can you post it here for those of us who refuse to even think about Facebook

The first hella caremad guy-

Then there's the guy I already posted, then a bunch of people saying The Flophouse FB group doesn't have moderation at all wtf let us post garbage poo poo non stop like the rest of the internet boohoo etc. But most are thanking them for the moderation.

Here's the one non-expanded comment's text:

" Hey, Vince? I know you're joking, but I'm actually really upset about this. This community has always felt like shooting the poo poo with a close-knit group of friends. And then suddenly in the last few weeks I have felt like my input is not welcome and I'm just trying to find out what I'm doing wrong. Because right now I feel really alienated from the group to the point where I don't even want to listen to the show any more. "

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Guy Mann posted:

Ruling a Facebook fan group with an iron fist is kind of silly but whatever.

It's completely necessary for large groups like this one.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

is there a pro scene

It's like movies or music. There are small independent polish companies, and then the large multinational brands.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
I'm the new host of "the Hit House", a movie podcast where everyone has normal and soothing voices.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
Could be all the podcasts + work + toddler + TV deal finally burning him out?

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

DrManiac posted:

Yeah of the ~5 d&d podcasts I listened to TAZ is the only one I can honestly say is legitimately entertaining.

Yo why are you listening to 4 podcasts you don't even enjoy?

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Fellatio del Toro posted:

I want to forgive, but this is about ethics in video game journalism..

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Toxxupation posted:

the amiibo vore ethusiast reviewer this thread deserves.

What kind do we deserve

:stare:

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

See if you buy regular nail polish from the store that's GIRL POLISH FOR GIRLS.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
Justin has been on the asmr train for some time now, Travis needs to get his own creepy poo poo going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Sivart13 posted:

Sydnee
Rileigh
Teylor

The worst