Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
To me HELCK is like a very good steak. It's not gonna surprise me with hitherto unknown flavors or be presented as molecular foam on top of a sauce that is actually the puree of a baked potato and a salad put together. But it's gonna be a really drat good meal and I will enjoy the poo poo out of it even though I know exactly what I'm gonna get.

Now I'm hungry, and also I want more Helck. Read Helck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Okay I'm sorry I said Helck wasn't original, I just really like Helck and struggle for the words

That said I only realized yesterday that Helck and Cless together are Heracles

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

chumbler posted:

Helck is going to save his friends and marry Alicia, and Anne and Piuy will cry at the wedding.

Hyura and Edil will also get married

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I hope eventually we get to see whatever it is that the empire thinks is "SSS" level dangerous up north, considering even heroes like Cless (Helck is obviously outside the realm of the ordinary) were seen as C rank threats.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

The King doesn't have enough gym badges to control Helck who is level 99, duh

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

El Burbo posted:

My OTP is Hyura and Edil

You are a good man

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

RatHat posted:

I'm still not quite clear on what position the demon that Cless killed had. Was he the king of all the demons? Or was he just king of that particular castle?

She's had death flags since she was first introduced.

He was just a regional King (more like a Lord than a King). Azudora and Vermilio are higher up than he was. I think I remember the humans thinking he was the King of all the demons, though. Correct me if I'm wrong on that one.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

The two villains also have names referencing biblical archangels Michael and Raphael. It is cool.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

What is Helcks pun

Helck and Cless

Helckcless

Heracles

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Something tells me some idiotic fool is going to argue against Xy Hapu's amazingly well researched post

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

My world is being rocked right now

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Rodyle posted:

I feel like once we're caught up the complete mania will subside a bit and we can treat it like a normal weekly series. It'll be liberating.

HELCK

Bad Seafood posted:

Finally managed to catch one of Rello's threads.

I'm glad we're almost caught up but I'm sad we won't have any more mass chapter uploads.

Being caught up is sad, enjoy these fleeting moments of happiness

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Davincie posted:

what gender is piuy

P, for Piuy

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

It would also be a bit lame to follow a huge and lengthy downer arc with another big downer.

I'm pretty sure Azudora will win but Mikaros will :smug: and disappear or otherwise reveal some sort of ominous thing

Now that English scanlations are caught up I'm just as in the dark as the rest of you :ohdear:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

maybe the only way to break the kings spell is through the power of love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkAVfsw5xSQ

:agreed:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I'm pretty sure Piuy is already the human king in disguise

He's definitely not a bird, you know

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

how do you pronounce piuy

Going by the katakana it's Pee-oo-ee

e: https://twitter.com/piui_bot

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Dzhay posted:

How are the names rendered in the original Japanese, anyway? There are a lot of those terminal consonants that Japanese does not seem keen on.

Heruku, Kuresu, Ediru, Rafaedo, Mikarosu, etc.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Mirage posted:

So the slightly European-like names are just the translator's quirky interpretation, huh. It's way more obvious from this transliteration that the brothers are supposed to be named something like "Herk" and "Kuleas."

No that's just how Japanese works, don't worry the manga is literally named Helck, in Roman letters

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Or maybe he didn't screw up because it's just meant to be a fun twisting of the reference and Helck and Cless are not literally meant to be Heracles. If they were then Helck's name would have to be spelled He Ra Ku in katakana instead of He Ru Ku.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

Unrelated, but I absolutely love how Hyura rips Edil apart verbally before ripping him apart physically. She is harsh as hell but very accurate in her criticism.

She likes pretty boys but hates weak men, you see.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Wait, isn't Mob already getting an anime?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

HELCK

is good

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Maybe he thought Piuy was a bird

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

chumbler posted:

I don't want tragedy. I want everything to end happily.

I want Hyura to catch the bouquet at Alicia and Helck's wedding

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Edil?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

pee oo ee

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I assumed that they were doing some weird magic to it to make it change people so violently.

The snow is the weird magic

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Shieldhill posted:

binged HELCK instead of meeting deadlines

...it's good.

Helck >>>> Deadlines

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

chumbler posted:

If they did then Helck would not be able to marry Alicia and I would destroy this miserable world.

:same:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Who could beat Helck in a shokugeki

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

If Mikaros somehow survives this I want Helck to give him a big Helck hug until he explodes

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

How hard will Helck punch Mikaros

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Guys what if Helck can't do it :ohdear:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

MiniFoo posted:

Art styles change over time.

I'm at work but pretend I posted a picture of Belldandy from the first chapter of Oh! My Goddess!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Continuing the derail: I've never read that. Should I?

Yes, you should read Garfield

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I believe in Helck. I just believe in beard-dude and his armies of evil more, since they clearly planned out this battle in advance.

Death to the infidel who does not believe in Helck

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

*bursts into the thread, panting*

HELCK

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Madhouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I hope everyone is saved, except Mikaros, who is a dick. I'm sorry Helck, and Anne from Management, I just don't have it in me to want him saved.

• Locked thread