Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Just marathoned all of HELCK last night and :negative:.

I want the current Helck to be air dropped right into the capital and to just start wrecking poo poo, Hulk style. I liked pretty much all the little gags too, and I really liked the hot-blooded Souma wannabe shonen cook.

I think that Vamirio/Anne's opinion towards Helck is going to change pretty drastically from here on out too. I also actually completely expect the story to end with a peace between demons and humans, with Helck as the demon king and Azudora as the human king as a symbol of the peace. Man humans in this story are mostly horrible though, good grief.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Yeah, I hope that the evil dudes are in fact lying about there not being a way to undo the awakening. Even if they're sure it can't be done, it's a big world out there with literal magic in it, so it's very possible there's a way to do it that's beyond their knowledge.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Terper posted:

Helck and Vamirio and their friends are gonna fix this lovely world with the power of friendship! Helck yeah!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Good, I need some happiness after those dour chapters.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Ah, somehow I thought that Helck was trying to become the Demon King in charge of everyone, not the one in charge of a single castle and the surrounding region. That makes much more sense, and explains why the top demon competitors had power levels in the 50-ish range while the 4 heavenly kings were shown to be way stronger.

I'm worried about Asuta since it is about time for the humans to accomplish something in the battle against the demons.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Yeah that's not the face of someone who is kidding

I was about to flip out about the TWIST and then it got mostly undone. Now that they've teased it I want it to be true for maximum tragedy.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Reading Helck = suffering.

AGGGGH WRRRRYYYYY~~

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Helck, the depressing manga and the good guys striving to undo the depression. It's really covered an impressive amount of ground in around 70 chapters, I'm looking forward to Helck and Anne from management finally getting back to demon territory and trying to figure out how to save mankind. Sounds like it'll lead to a quest arc to a foreign land to me, which suits me just fine. Show us more of the crazy world, thanks.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Shocked that Azudora managed to pull through. Glad, but shocked.

This does make me worry that the big thing that the humans will try to do to break Helck now is to kill Anne from Management though :ohdear:.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

AfroSquirrel posted:

But that's FORBIDDEN LOVE!

How folish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Dang, big new developments in the latest chapters. Looks like things are headed towards being wrapped up, but I also hope we get into the rest of the demon kingdom.

The most interesting idea off the top of my head is a subversion of typical action mangas where instead of getting stronger and stronger, Helck is greatly weakened and the new threat has to be mostly managed by the demons and a similarly weakened Cless. Basically take Helck from a single competitor to a tag-team guy with his brother, in terms of fighting.

Mostly I just want Helck to keep on going though, it's been too much fun for me to want it to end quite yet. 300 chapters or bust!

• Locked thread