Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Android Blues

Poltergeist is good although its pacing is very odd from a modern perspective. when i last saw it i liked it but didn't love it, but maybe a rewatch would make me appreciate it more.

if you're watching old horror movies you should check out Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) and Carrie, those are the two absolute genre classics id recommend and Body Snatchers is kinda underlooked nowadays i feel despite how dazzlingly good it is. the 1956 original is really good and scary too, in a way you might not think a sci-fi horror movie that old could be!

although tbf Carrie is less of a horror movie and more an upsetting coming of age story with some scary parts. still great tho!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues

i read the novelisation of the original wicker man once and it had a foreword essay by some academic where he dug into its themes and talked about how it exceeded set standards for movie adaptation novelisations and was actually a really good book. i did not expect this in the least bit, but he was right, it was great.

• Locked thread