Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

PinkoBastard posted:

poltergeist is kick rear end. well directed and it has great performances. it's also loving SCARY for a PG film.

They were going to rate it R originally, but Spielberg threw a fit and they didn't have PG-13 at the time, so they ended up rating it PG. The number of small children traumatized by that decision prompted the MPAA to create the PG-13 category for movies that weren't nasty enough for an R rating, but too nasty for kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

PinkoBastard posted:

I think Jaws is also a PG. pretty interesting stuff. I really like the guy who sold Craig T Nelson the house, he's a character actor named James Karen who was also in Return of the Living Dead. Also seconding the great practical effects work throughout. did you like it op?

Return of the Living Dead is one of my favorite 80s cult horror movies, hands down.

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
i just watched the shining on netflix tonight. good movie.

• Locked thread