Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SIDS Vicious

I love horror films and somehow I have not seen Poltergeist (1982) yet. so I am about to put it on. I will come back and tell you all what I think of it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious

DeepQantas posted:

Have you heard the original tubular bells from the original Exorcist?

i watch the exorcist at least once a year. so my thoughts on poltergeist. wow those effects, holy cow. was a genuinely scary film for something from 1982, it really works well still. compared to the recent remake, was just brilliant. the remake isn't awful either but it felt much more hollywood if that makes sense. the tree being entirely practical was just loving brilliant and i cant believe what they achieved with it, and the hands coming from the tv etc. will be watching this every october from now on

wow that was an old sig lol
chec k out my drawings the sidsons :)

SIDS Vicious

Luvcow posted:

i was six when it came out and i think eight or nine when i finally saw it and holy poo poo did that movie scare the hell out of me

it had obviously been out awhile when i saw it but i was about the same age, it was my second horror film, my first being jaws when i was 7 and they both totally traumatized me, but in a good way, since to this day i love the horror genre immensely.

SIDS Vicious

unless you meant poltergeist not the exorcist in which case oops

SIDS Vicious

Luvcow posted:

jaws... i had this shark attack book that i bought for like $1 at a used book fair and id read little bits of it when i was on the toilet. combine that with jaws and there were times in my youth i was afraid to take a bath because i thought the bathtub might just open up below me and id be attacked by a shark...

haha same i actually started showering as a wee lad because i was terrified the shark would come out of the drain

SIDS Vicious

Salmiakki posted:

i love horror movies... i also love horror movie soundtracks. the shining sets the mood really well, and the films cannibal holocaust and poltergeist have really calming main themes

im not super into newer horror films but the babadook was fantastic and i might watch the visit if its any good

you need to watch it follows if you like horror movies and their sound tracks, its on american netflix. please watch it

SIDS Vicious

Salmiakki posted:

im puttin it on my list of films to watch, thanks for the recommendation!

no worries its sound track is oh man so good. i put it on my headphones when its foggy at night and just walk around pretending im in a horror film

SIDS Vicious

PinkoBastard posted:

any Argento fans itt? love Deep Red and Suspiria. insanely good soundtracks and they just look incredible.

suspiria is one of the most gorgeous films ive ever seen

SIDS Vicious

last night i watched the original wicker man and it was really good what atmosphere that film had!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious

i watched the original texas chainsaw massacre last night and it was good but the best character was the hitch hiker and he didnt even show up again!

• Locked thread