Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Merry Deciever
Aug 20, 2015
Pillbug
So as you all know, the new Hitman is on it's way, simply called Hitman. Because Absolution was so terrible it was time for a reboot? Re-imagining? Really, we have no idea what we're doing. That's why the new Hitman game is episodic! What're your thoughts on This Hitman? I love the series, but everything after blood money involving it has bombed terribly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh noez! Muh overrated, obtuse, outdated control scheme, story, mechanics and graphicsmans! I simply cannot enjoy modern upgrades of my old classic games because I'm a Le Hipster! Durrr. Topic Locked.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Oh noez! Muh overrated, obtuse, outdated control scheme, story, mechanics and graphicsmans! I simply cannot enjoy modern upgrades of my old classic games because I'm a Le Hipster! Durrr. Topic Locked.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think it'll be alright, OP. You could try a little optimism for once.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Muh disguisemans!

Merry Deciever
Aug 20, 2015
Pillbug
Modern Upgrades like your disguise system being dumb? Autosaves and checkpoints rather than being able to manually save whenever you wanted? A story that is a lovely quentin tarantino ripoff?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Merry Deciever posted:

Modern Upgrades like your disguise system being dumb?

Merry Deciever posted:

Autosaves and checkpoints rather than being able to manually save whenever you wanted?

Merry Deciever posted:

A story that is a lovely quentin tarantino ripoff?

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Merry Deciever posted:

Modern Upgrades like your disguise system being dumb? Autosaves and checkpoints rather than being able to manually save whenever you wanted? A story that is a lovely quentin tarantino ripoff?

:yeah:

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I've never played a Hitman game for more than a few minutes at a time. I know some of them are good, just never got into them

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

*remembers the music from the house party level in Blood Money^ Ah. Mm.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
blood money was real good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Me, clicking on thread about classic beat-'em-ups: Oh, a mislabeled sneakmans thread.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Merry Deciever posted:

So as you all know, the new Hitman is on it's way, simply called Hitman. Because Absolution was so terrible it was time for a reboot? Re-imagining? Really, we have no idea what we're doing. That's why the new Hitman game is episodic! What're your thoughts on This Hitman? I love the series, but everything after blood money involving it has bombed terribly.

what is wrong with you

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I dont think the op even played Absolution because you can kill cops by hitting them with a bong in that game

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
What is this, hide around the corner and jump out saying Spagett and people drop their guns every time for no reasons mans? We want hide an uzi in the chicken at the party mans back.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I heard they turned the new one into a F2P game already.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I heard they turned the new one into a F2P game already.

Yes... Yes!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

FactsAreUseless posted:

Me, clicking on thread about classic beat-'em-ups: Oh, a mislabeled sneakmans thread.

No, I think it's a mislabeled disguisemans thread. Wouldn't a sneakmans thread be about games like Thief and MGS?

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Hey remember me, its your old buddy pushing mall cops in stairways and barrels of wine mans *removes chicken suit, fake moustache, and plastic fireman helmet to reveal that its actually some kind of third person cover mans like Marcus Fenix or Nathan Drake and blows your loving head off with a grenade launcher in the middle of the street* Sike dumbass, the console kiddies have spoken and there will be no more shooting so bad that the guns are only good for slapping people mans. U mad bro?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

a bay posted:

Hey remember me, its your old buddy pushing mall cops in stairways and barrels of wine mans *removes chicken suit, fake moustache, and plastic fireman helmet to reveal that its actually some kind of third person cover mans like Marcus Fenix or Nathan Drake and blows your loving head off with a grenade launcher in the middle of the street* Sike dumbass, the console kiddies have spoken and there will be no more shooting so bad that the guns are only good for slapping people mans. U mad bro?

What the gently caress is wrong with your brain?

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Hit a Mans

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

a bay posted:

Please don't post here ever again, Guy #12 with pages of posts in every iteration of the GBS gamergate thread.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
i had the demo of hitman and it was fun you could lure chinese cooks out of the resteraunt and go full terminator on them taking theyre clothes to murder gangsters

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Please don't post here ever again, Guy #12 with pages of posts in every iteration of the GBS gamergate thread.
Yikes.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lmao

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh god lol

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

The forums dot somethingawful dot com slash General Bullshit slash the gamer gate thread

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Girl (wide-eyed): Will I ever see you again?

Me (strong, handsome): If you want to find me online, go to where people care about justice. Go to where nobody puts up with bull poo poo. Go to where men and women are actually equal (its that way already if you think about it). Go to where we will change the world.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Me (strong, handsome): If you want to find me online, go to where people care about justice. Go to where nobody puts up with bull poo poo. Go to where men and women are actually equal (its that way already if you think about it). Go to where we will change the world.

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Ristolaz posted:

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Blood Money is the only good Hitman game. Full stop.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That ending level was awesome

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yea

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I got the collection on Steam and this certainly seems to be the case. 1 and 2 aged terribly

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

That little rooftop sniper demo game for Absolution was a lot more fun than Absolution.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

They hyped up Absolution's 'create a custom Hitman level!!!' thing, I tried out the highest rated or most popular one and it was just enter alley > stab homeless guy > exit alley

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

a bay posted:

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dunno really why he got the ole probe for that but whatever..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

• Locked thread