Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

They hyped up Absolution's 'create a custom Hitman level!!!' thing, I tried out the highest rated or most popular one and it was just enter alley > stab homeless guy > exit alley

This gave me a good idea for a Mario Maker level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Blood Money is the only good Hitman game. Full stop.

contracts has some sick levels between the bad ones

Merry Deciever
Aug 20, 2015
Pillbug
I'm gonna be honest, I saw the Hitman movie with friends (The second, newest one.) I actually enjoyed it a lot. It was a dumb videogame movie, where they had to invent an x-men just to have some tension cus Hitman 47 was so good at hitting mans. He literally killed him by garroting him and than shoving the garrot into power lines. It was amusing, even as it was bad. 9\10 what a hitman movie should be like. The theater was devoid of life except me and my two buds.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Merry Deciever posted:

I'm gonna be honest, I saw the Hitman movie with friends (The second, newest one.) I actually enjoyed it a lot. It was a dumb videogame movie, where they had to invent an x-men just to have some tension cus Hitman 47 was so good at hitting mans. He literally killed him by garroting him and than shoving the garrot into power lines. It was amusing, even as it was bad. 9\10 what a hitman movie should be like. The theater was devoid of life except me and my two buds.

This might of been a dream my man, or the concoction of a mind touched by lunacy. Good day to you.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Merry Deciever posted:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hitcuck: abso -lutely

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWvcSwlZE50

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Merry Deciever
Aug 20, 2015
Pillbug

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Blood Money is the only good Hitman game. Full stop.

it's certainly the most playable and fun. I remember good bits in Hitman 2 like sniping your DOUBLE in St Petersburg, who was a clone of you with an ORANGE tie, and than you could dress up as him which mean changing the entire outfit even though the tie was the only defining difference. Hitman Contracts is hard to go back to, but it's framing was cool. You were bleeding out on a table somewhere and flash backing to previous missions, with subtle details like how it was always night and raining in missions it didn't before (it took a lot of levels from the first one.) The end level for Contracts was basically a loving tribute to Leon the Professional.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Haha

Merry Deciever
Aug 20, 2015
Pillbug

I feel like Absolution didn't understand anything about the previous Hitman games. Also being directed by the Kane and Lynch dude prolly didn't help.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

holy crap ahaha

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

hahaha

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Please don't post here ever again, Guy #12 with pages of posts in every iteration of the GBS gamergate thread.

Hurr!! Yeah. Eff this guy for using Logic and Reason to buttdevastate SJW fee fee's that are ruining gaming.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Merry Deciever posted:

I'm gonna be honest, I saw the Hitman movie with friends (The second, newest one.) I actually enjoyed it a lot. It was a dumb videogame movie, where they had to invent an x-men

Muh x-mans

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i like hitmans approach to building stages where they are like open-level instead of open-world if that makes sense.
you never go anywhere useless and you have a lot of variety in how you do you missions or whatever. i had hoped mgs v would do the same thing for level design to work in more set pieces and events instead of the wide open world they went for but when you get somewhere in that game its the same good feelings but with superb controls instead of bad controls like hitman seems to usually have.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Please don't post here ever again, Guy #12 with pages of posts in every iteration of the GBS gamergate thread.

I think you have me confused with somebody else man, I'm not trying to derail this thread so that's all I will say about it.

Absolution is one of the best examples I can think of the phenomenon where people say a decent game is bad because it came out after a really good one. The level design obviously can't compare to Blood Money but they did make some improvements like the cover and suspicion systems which are a lot like what they have in MGSV. The level editor was fun and I hope if they keep any of the features from Absolution it's either that one or the guys who drop their guns when you jump out from around a corner.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Oh noez! Muh overrated, obtuse, outdated control scheme, story, mechanics and graphicsmans! I simply cannot enjoy modern upgrades of my old classic games because I'm a Le Hipster! Durrr. Topic Locked.

this

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Gamwrgate is cool.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

a bay posted:

I think you have me confused with somebody else man, I'm not trying to derail this thread so that's all I will say about it.

Absolution is one of the best examples I can think of the phenomenon where people say a decent game is bad because it came out after a really good one. The level design obviously can't compare to Blood Money but they did make some improvements like the cover and suspicion systems which are a lot like what they have in MGSV. The level editor was fun and I hope if they keep any of the features from Absolution it's either that one or the guys who drop their guns when you jump out from around a corner.

never played absolution but from seeing videos of it the instinct system looked bad. i liked how having the garrot wire equipped didn't immediately cause an alert and that the inventory system wasn't as clunky as blood money's.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Jerkops posted:

I've never played a Hitman game for more than a few minutes at a time. I know some of them are good, just never got into them
same, i've got a bunch of them on steam with the intent of giving them a proper go, but, you know, backlog.

i've seen gdq speedruns of them and they look like an absolute blast to play when you know how everything works and you can toy with the ai. like metal gear games, in a way.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Action Tortoise posted:

never played absolution but from seeing videos of it the instinct system looked bad. i liked how having the garrot wire equipped didn't immediately cause an alert and that the inventory system wasn't as clunky as blood money's.

Instinct itself isn't bad, it's basically Reflex from MGSV. But the way you need it to stealth a lot of parts because guards can see through your disguise from pretty far away even if you aren't facing them is bogus. Besides that and too many boards where the objective is to get through an area full of hostiles it's decent and there are some good parts like the cage match, the guy you can kill a bunch of different ways in the desert, and this dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLy58Xhah68&t=24s

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

babsolutions loving shite mate

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Babsolutipn's Bideo James... lmfao... STEBE JOBES! Win! STOBE COLB STEBE AUSTEN!... Rofl... Yospos FTW my sirs.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Babsolutipn's Bideo James... lmfao... STEBE JOBES! Win! STOBE COLB STEBE AUSTEN!... Rofl... Yospos FTW my sirs.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Absogaytion should have had a part where hity mans disguises himself as the guy in charge of shifting the deck chairs around the titanic

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

a bay posted:

Hey remember me, its your old buddy pushing mall cops in stairways and barrels of wine mans *removes chicken suit, fake moustache, and plastic fireman helmet to reveal that its actually some kind of third person cover mans like Marcus Fenix or Nathan Drake and blows your loving head off with a grenade launcher in the middle of the street* Sike dumbass, the console kiddies have spoken and there will be no more shooting so bad that the guns are only good for slapping people mans. U mad bro?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
one of my favouritecreenshot ive taken of a videogame

also i havent touched blood money in two months i cant identify the cia agent in the medical facility and im bad at hitman

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

ArfJason posted:

also i havent touched blood money in two months i cant identify the cia agent in the medical facility and im bad at hitman

Hitmans :eng101:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Dec 26, 2012

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

ArfJason posted:

He's a redhead I think, does that help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Heres a little protip for those of you venturing into Bitterblack Isle for the first time: mimics may not exist in the main game, but they sure do in Bitterblack and they;re randomised

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

He's a redhead I think, does that help

You suck poo poo

• Locked thread