Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I played up to getting the gravity suit last night. It looks so drat good.

Planned playthroughs:

-100% normal (current)
-100% hard
-15% normal or hard

Then I'm going to try and learn to any% speedrun it.

Note: super is still the best.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jan 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm still butthurt rage qqing because they made a GBA emulator for the WiiU instead of the 3DS

Deal with it. It runs perfectly on Wii U thanks to the emulation geniuses at M2. Maybe some day nintendo will think about GBA on 3DS but I'll take perfect gameplay on the Wii U until then.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mycophobia posted:

I swear to god someone did a hack that made super metroid a lot more like zero mission and now I can't find it, argh

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/742/

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/405/

This I guess then. I prefer the SNES controls.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

That was a hard as balls shinespark from the chozo ruins to the pirate ship.

It was more like 5 shinesparks, 100% speedruns of this must be crazy.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Some of the items are really crazy to get in this one. I definitely want to learn how to do fast 100% runs.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Oh badass, you can see how many powerups of each type are in every area on the map after you beat the game.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

There's a different picture for hard mode @ sub 15%.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm doing it after I finish this hard 100% run.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Watching the 100% run from SGDQ to learn some more routes, and lol

https://youtu.be/jR7xJWncej4?t=43m42s

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

There are a million metroids in tourian on hard mode.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Nostradingus posted:

just realized you can jump in ball form, right after beating ridley

i've been doing bomb jumps this whole time

It's not that bad, you only get the spring ball when you get high jump. Note that you can now shinespark in ball form as well.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mabels big day posted:

I looked up how to get space jump right after ice beam, and I did, but then I went and fought the first form of the bug boss, and now I'm stuck in Ridley. Is there any way out other than fighting the incredibly hard second form and getting super missles?

There is an exit in the room just right of the elevator, look for some bomb blocks in the top left of that room.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Now do it for real.

If I can finish up all my MM fishing tomorrow I'm going to finish hard 100% then move on to let's say...a 13% run perhaps.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Prime 2 has 17 bosses and zero ridleys. That's why it's my fave prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Prime 2 didn't have any Ridley fight???

He didn't come to Aether.

• Locked thread