Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Maksimus54 posted:

96 Towncar: Automatically disengages parking brake when put into drive.

07 Tacoma: Oil filter on top of engine and has drip tray with a nipple to attach a hose to so you don't drip any oil on the truck.

05 landcruiser- EVERY window in it is auto up and auto down, not just the drivers. It doesnt shut down power to the window circuits for 40 seconds after you turn it off or if someone opens a door- means you can pull up, turn it off, realise youve left a window down and put it up.

It also turns the headlights off when the key is in ACC and you open the door, and turns them back on again when you turn the key back to ON

IT DOESNT loving BEEP, FOR ANYTHING. Headlights on? turns them off, Seatbelt not on? It just blinks an angry red light at you, door ajar, interior lights stay on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Not when a competent manufacturer implements them- Wanna go part down, just push the button down lightly, want it to auto go down? Press it hard and you FEEL a detent you have to push past that tells you your in auto mode.

Fords are poo poo- theres no real difference between manual and auto mode.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Oddhair posted:

Both my VWs have wipers that step to the next lower setting when I come to a stop, so the insanity wipers of the maximum setting are impossible to get while stationary. It's one of those little things I'll miss if my next car doesn't do it. Also, if you turn the front wipers on to any level, the rear hatch wiper will eventually trigger, even if I never turn it on.

The ford rangers at work turn them to intermittent. SLOWEST intermittent. So if its raining heavily and you pull up at the lights, within 10 seconds you cant actually see out the front of the car until you start to move again. Which is interesting.

• Locked thread