Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Problem description: For the past month or so, I have been getting dozens of unsolicited garbage e-mails being sent to me. One-sentence messages followed by links that I am not about to click on. The problem I'm having is that they are all being sent from different recipients, with different messages, and different links. There is nothing similar about them that I can just tag a recurring identifier for a spam filter to keep them out of my inbox.

I currently use Microsoft Outlook 2010 for e-mail, if that helps anyone with figuring out what options are available to me.

Attempted fixes: For now, I've just been manually marking each one as spam and blocking the senders. I've tried googling regarding spam, but all I can find are more direct answers dealing with more simplified versions dealing with the more typical "This is always the same person/message/link so just block this one thing." solution. I always have weekly virus scans to ensure there is nothing on my system, so I don't believe it's an internal issue. I'm pretty sure it's just some bulk spam thing attempting to direct people to viruses and I just want to stop getting e-mails.

Recent changes: Aside from standard system updates, nothing.

Operating system: Windows 7 64-bit

System specs: Dell XPS 8300, Intel Core i7-2600 3.40GHz, 16GB RAM

I have Googled and read the FAQ: To the best of my ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
What e-mail provider are you using? Why not just use Gmail?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
The email provider I am using is the one provided by my ISP, and I use it for personal things. I also have a Gmail account, which I use for non-personal things.

Fruit Smoothies
Mar 28, 2004

The bat with a ZING
Gmail can also use a pop3 connector to pull in your ISP's emails while you migrate to gmail

• Locked thread