Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
http://thenextweb.com/apps/2016/01/15/uh-oh-controversial/

apple is bad. apple is naughty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
flux is bad and lame

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
flux ftw

pram
Jun 10, 2001
owned

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I invented software, no one else can copy it

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I invented content. give me a stupid amount of money for it.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

I hope their patent gets granted so they can sue the pants off timb

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
every time i think f.lux is fluxbox for some reason and i feel nostalgic

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
Apple should open up screen brightness to developers too

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
apple? stupid flux the lot of them

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

flux. because we all want peach colored dreams.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

I read the list in the title and the last two I know are stupid poo poo but what is 'about'?

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
f.lux is a software that, at sundown, adjusts the color temperature of your screen to make it redder i.e. less blue. the idea is that blue light keeps you awake and having screens everywhere blasting blue light in your face makes you sleep worse

apple banned f.lux from the ios app store and then plagiarized it

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
flux is good and makes me eyes feel better.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

BooLoo posted:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

hackbunny posted:

f.lux is a software that, at sundown, adjusts the color temperature of your screen to make it redder i.e. less blue. the idea is that blue light keeps you awake and having screens everywhere blasting blue light in your face makes you sleep worse

apple banned f.lux from the ios app store and then plagiarized it

i dont care, op

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol are people still using ios?

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

oh shagger :kiddo:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

hmm yes let's just open up ios so any app can alter the way all other apps are displayed

this isn't insecure at all

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Apple can:

a) create a special API so that customers can download an app that will adjust the screen tint based on configuration settings from that app, and hope some non-trivial amount of users somehow discover that there are apps that can do this. this supports a free market for tint controlling apps where there will be competition that benefits consumers.

b) build the tint controls into the settings where it is available for everyone.

tough choices

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

flux posted:

To install f.lux on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you'll need to jailbreak your device. Jailbreaking automatically installs Cydia, which is an alternative way to install software on your iOS device, like the App Store, but for software other than Apps.
lmao

pram
Jun 10, 2001
night shift is a better name

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

pram posted:

night shift is a better name

i've even got a theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUltrX-ICew

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Apple Steal Bag of Chip

crime apple
   go to the jail

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

BooLoo posted:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
and soon, night shift will

pram
Jun 10, 2001
praise be to apple for these generous gifts

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

:qq:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
strangely enough I actually agree with every poster in this thread at the same time

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
thanks apple

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Apple bad

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

remember when if a company saw a thing, and wanted that thing on their device, they would buy the company that made the thing? or buy the rights to the thing? why did it take them so long to realize they could just rip it off

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

why does flux even care ts some lovely free app[/s]

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
the actual post from the f.lux people is pretty mild and barely even qualifies as a call out, but based on the tech news coverage of it you'd think it was a vitriolic rant about how evil apple is

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
its what apple deserves

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

The Management posted:

Apple can:

a) create a special API so that customers can download an app that will adjust the screen tint based on configuration settings from that app, and hope some non-trivial amount of users somehow discover that there are apps that can do this. this supports a free market for tint controlling apps where there will be competition that benefits consumers.

b) build the tint controls into the settings where it is available for everyone.

tough choices

im going to create a system where all aspects of the system are open for development and users can pick and choose their components

oh wait desktop linux already exists

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Literally apple is no longer allowed to perfect something in house that is already done by some other company on the app store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

As a Millennial I posted:

remember when if a company saw a thing, and wanted that thing on their device, they would buy the company that made the thing? or buy the rights to the thing? why did it take them so long to realize they could just rip it off

in what way would this be good for anyone who uses flux, considering apple would 100% guaranteed end development of flux for non apple platforms at least, if not kill the flux software entirely

• Locked thread