Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

literally a fish posted:

6.0L truck LS (LQ4) + thumpr. Then we can be 6L buddies! :v:

Nah. L92, AFR heads, VVT delete, cam, LS3 intake. 500 wheel, N/A.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

some texas redneck posted:

Serious question, why would you delete VVT?

I don't think any of the performance cams are set up for it, and I don't think custom tunes tend to take it into account.

Plus it's a bunch of added complication at the timing chain, why would you want to keep it in a car where you're shooting for high HP numbers?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

atomicthumbs posted:

1. what is that
2. is that an asbestos gasket

It's a flappy thing with a bimetal spring that restricts the exhaust when cold to build backpressure and force more exhaust into the intake manifold crossover to heat up the carb and intake faster.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Elmnt80 posted:

I had a customer pull one off a 57 chevy and bring it in because he didn't know what it was and none of us could identify it until our resident old fart who grew up in maine took a look at it. Needless to say, we couldn't find a new one like he wanted. :v:

Don't most classics have one? My Impala had one, which I removed when I put headers on, and my Ford still has it, although the PO seems to have welded it open.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

BoostCreep posted:

I had to trim the crossmember just a bit, but I have about an inch of clearance there which should hopefully be enough.

Are you going to be able to get at that oil filter without pulling the engine?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

No idea, I just knew they were available. Seems like most people use them for bikes, not sure how it would work in a race car application, but it seems like it's worth a shot. Better than trying to rig up a tablet.

Similarly, there's this thing that seems pretty price-competitive with using Torque and a cheap used tablet. Dunno how performance is, or anything like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

How easy is it to remove that adapter/bracket from the fender? I can't see how you could do an oil change with it in place without making a ridiculous mess.

• Locked thread