Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I was really enjoying the silent-except-for-wrenching-sounds sped-up videos of you disassembling things. I was sad when you put music over the engine removal video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

The music on Episode 6 was a lot more unobtrusive.

You must have amazing patience when it comes to disassembling things. Whenever I'm doing similar work, I use my battery powered impact driver (little, light weight one) with a long extension to remove all the million loving nuts and bolts that hold trim in place. poo poo goes a lot faster. You can usually get a Ryobi drill and impact driver kit from Home Depot for $100 or so if you want.

What are you saving the dash for? If your goal is to go full-on racecar with this thing, I'd make a dash out of a couple pieces of sheet metal. Gauges, big chunky battery cutoff, then some enigmatically labeled switches: "Elec", "Lights", "Fuel", and "Start".

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I just watched your latest video. In the angled spacers you made, how are you going to be able to tighten the engine mount nuts without that captive bolt spinning? If you manage that, are you worried at all about potentially having to remove the engine once that nut/bolt sees a little bit of corrosion and won't unthread freely?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Oh man, I wouldn't have put off watching your latest video so long if I knew you were going to call me out in it! I'm loving watching your project come together.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

BoostCreep posted:

That is certainly a good option. Are those easy to read while on a track?

I can't imagine you'll ever be reading your instruments in the middle of a drift session.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I really like that switch panel you got. Can't wait to see it installed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Wrar posted:

One thing that would speed up some of your work is a Milwaukee or Ryobi power ratchet and an impact. I'm impatient as hell though.

Same. I realized the part I disliked the most about turning wrenches is the actual wrench-turning. An impact makes really quick work out of most fasteners.

• Locked thread