Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

BoostCreep posted:

So I have to sell the instrument cluster with the engine? Crap, I was planning on using the housing...

I made some small progress with the SC400 last week. I removed the dash and HVAC unit as well as the A/C lines in the engine bay. Next up is figuring out what wiring harnesses I no longer need and pulling everything out. I've never stripped a car to the point of just being a track car, so I'm not really even sure how much wiring I will need to retain. I do have a standalone harness for the LS engine, and will be converting to non-ABS brakes. All I think I really need working from the Lexus' wiring are the headlights, brake/taillights, and power windows (I think?). I assume then that I could remove pretty much all the rest of the wiring and probably even wire the lights separately to new switches on the dash if I have to.

Growing pile of engine bay parts that aren't necessarily part of the engine. I can probably sell the MAF with the engine and everything else will get trashed.

Interior with the crash bar removed. Next up is the HVAC unit:

Removed:

Here's the massive unit. I'm glad it all came out together:

I can't think of any reason to keep that stuff, so I'll probably hack it up and trash it. Unless there's some reason to hang on to an old heater core.

I don't know if anyone is into this kind of stuff, but I made a YouTube channel to document the progress of the build. I'm terrible on camera, but I'm documenting pretty much every second of the work I do to the car if anyone wants to follow along. I realize this opens me up to ridicule, but I figured I'd join the 21st century and film everything instead of just taking pictures.

Here's the first episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-F_A0RC6nw

I have 6 total online right now, with more on the way. This poo poo takes forever to edit.

I also recently closed down my office, which meant moving my Talon to my house. I now have all 5 cars parked at my house in the middle of Los Angeles along with my girlfriend's CX-3. As if it wasn't clear earlier, it's definitely time to downsize the fleet. Or buy a shed to clear enough space in the garage to fit the Lexus. Which is probably more likely.

Super dirty after sitting in a garage with a hole in the roof for two years:

I miss my old Talon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread