Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Raluek posted:

It's a flappy thing with a bimetal spring that restricts the exhaust when cold to build backpressure and force more exhaust into the intake manifold crossover to heat up the carb and intake faster.

I had a customer pull one off a 57 chevy and bring it in because he didn't know what it was and none of us could identify it until our resident old fart who grew up in maine took a look at it. Needless to say, we couldn't find a new one like he wanted. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

If you just need the brake light switch to only activate brake lights and oem isn't an easy option, consider an inline pressure activated one. I can get the part number thursday if need be and they are like $10-15.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 22, 2017

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

S194 is the switch's part number from borg warner and it has a pair of bullet connectors and 1/8-27 thread on it.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

A common ford 51516 wix filter would be the closest I can think of off the top of my head, but its flow rate is a little lower than the stock ls1 filter.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Given its going in a drift car thats going to spend extended times at high rpm and thusly oil pressure, I figured it was worth mentioning. :v:

A 57060 filter is the stock ls1 filter and has a flow rate of 10-12 gpm, that 51516 filter is found on a ton of fords and jeeps and has a flow rate of 7-9 gpm. It may be enough to be concerned with. :spergin:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Nah, the 51515R is a racing version of the 51515 which is commonly found on 60's-early 90s ford junk. The 51516 is the smaller version of that filter found on other 80s and 90s ford junk and has a slightly different gasket id/od. Still worth a shot.

Still confused why a greddy part would have 3/4-16 thread instead of metric, but whatever.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Oct 18, 2017

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

An etx14 is only 220cca, thats not a whole hell of alot. An etx20l will get you 310cca. A MIATA agm battery will get you 340cca and standard top posts in a very compact space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I it posted on youtube, but just in case you forgot, you need a wire from the alternator to the battery to charge that bitch. I need to get me one of those battery cable crimpers though. I'm going to wind up rewiring alot of my boat if I keep it and that will come in damned handy because I'm going to way over build it so it will hopefully last another 30 years.

• Locked thread