Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Preoptopus posted:

I know this thread bump is just a way for you to stay motivated but I say you either gotta cut your losses or go in all the way with the Bricklin.

6.0L truck LS (LQ4) + thumpr. Then we can be 6L buddies! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
VVT is only really on those motors for emissions reasons anyway.

In reality, I for one vote T56 + 1UZ in the SC400. 1UZ is a loooovely motor.
And then a big ole LS in the Bricklin.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde

Enourmo posted:

That reminds me, don't the new Viper etc have true VVT? How the hell does that work?

It's loving witchcraft. The camshaft is in fact two shafts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uiDmcPEekc

it's called CamInCam and it's ABSURD. (And still not as good as proper DOHC VVT)

Edit: OH GOD THEY APPLIED IT TO A DOHC ENGINE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpnv3lbagtg

literally a fish fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jan 18, 2016

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde
Did you try a carpet steamer to get tint off? i find that works best, usually.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde
Yeah definitely go low-volume music if any. Matthias's videos are some of my favorites and they have no music.

and yes holy poo poo get yourself a milwaukee M12 Fuel (or Ryobi if you're feeling cheap) impact driver and some 6" long philips and JIS bits it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE

E: Watching these videos has made me miss my Soarer :v: I need to get my hands on a manual TT or one of the few manual-converted V8s...

literally a fish fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jul 2, 2016

• Locked thread