Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Put the 1UZ in the WJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah, since it is still a single cam pushrod engine, VVT can only change the advance / retard of the cam as a whole relative to the crank. It helps, but it works better on engines where you get to vary the timing of the cams relative to each other as well.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Video series had me sold at the title screen.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The mounts on my MS3 were definitely thinner, but they also relied on one part bolting through the center of the mount and the other being attached around the perimeter of the mount, instead of both the frame and engine attachments being along the same axis:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Does the bolt actually run all the way through the isolator? I thought it'd be two separate threaded bits, one at the top and one at the bottom, with nothing but rubber between. If it's a solid bolt throughout then gently caress it, hockey puck or a chunk of polyurethane bushing.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Hmm, this part of HRG seems familiar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rfeIRkkQJ8&t=565s

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Just now watched the clutch pedal video - seems like that adapter setup for the line at the master is thicker than it needs to be. Why not something like this?

Edit: Beaten by a Youtube commenter! :bahgawd:

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 4, 2016

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I love how my first thought while watching the driveshaft video was "why didn't you get the aluminum one"... and then you immediately explained your logic :v:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

To be fair, I only remember that the fourth gen had optional aluminum driveshafts because when my dad got his '94 Z28, there was a recall on it to fix improperly balanced steel driveshafts. For whatever reason GM decided it was easier to use the aluminum version as a replacement. Free upgrade!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I was going to suggest getting the driveshaft cut down, but if you're not happy with the engine mounts, go for it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Try dipping it in gasoline and see if that cleans it.

And if gasoline doesn't even touch it... seems like something I wouldn't worry about.

Worst case there's always those gas tank coating kits.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

BoostCreep posted:

New baffle vs. the reason the LS has oil starvation issues. What even is the purpose of that thing?

Something something Camaros don't turn.

Very nice solution on that clutch master cylinder.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

You could use a taller filter with the same thread / gasket diameter. With that said, a cross reference for the 4AGE filter seems to match up with the ACDelco PF53, and at least this thread has quite a few larger compatible options.

Also, the stock Camaro filter is pretty dinky.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I fully admit I've never compared flow rates or anything when filter swapping, I just run the biggest one that fits :v:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I wish the WJ had anywhere near that much room to stack up coolers.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I wouldn't be surprised if the 5.3 tune runs the engine just fine, at least for the purpose of a first start. Half a liter isn't going to be a massive change in fuel requirements.

I think you've mentioned this before, but are you going MAF or speed density?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N0OHdRFcJA

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

If mine ever losses the learned data, it is a motherfucker to keep idling at first. If you can get it to stay running for a minute it should learn the idle pretty quick though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I don't think mine has much of anything off of the stock tune other than removing EGR and AIR. It also had an insanely dead battery which was probably putting a hell of a load on the alternator.

• Locked thread